Are you burned out from not being able to scrape enough together to insure your Hyundai every month? You're in the same situation as most other drivers in Colorado.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most insurance buyers in Colorado have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. U.S. consumers could save themselves 47% a year just by shopping around, but they think it's difficult to find cheap insurance rates.
Companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO increase brand awareness with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to see through the deception and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You should take the time to take a look at other company's rates before your policy renews because prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Hyundai Tucson insurance in Fort Collins last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. You'll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Tucson insurance on the internet, but I'm going to show you some excellent ideas to stop overpaying for insurance in Fort Collins.
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes increases your odds of finding a better price.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tucson GLS 2WD||$114||$200||$338||$20||$100||$772||$64|
|Tucson GLS 4WD||$172||$258||$338||$20||$100||$888||$74|
|Tucson Limited 2WD||$234||$448||$396||$24||$118||$1,220||$102|
|Tucson Limited 4WD||$170||$306||$330||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in Fort Collins location which can affect auto insurance rates considerably.
Hyundai Tucson insurance premiums by gender and age
The illustration below shows the comparison of Hyundai Tucson insurance prices for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Policy deductible comparison
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Hyundai Tucson insurance rates for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The chart below shows the comparison of Hyundai Tucson insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline for eliminating full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Hyundai Tucson replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing in excess of $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Hyundai Tucson insurance in Fort Collins
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Hyundai could earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Passive Restraints - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Allstate permit an accident without raising rates if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on car insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a discount up to 10%.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers that enable their car insurance company to monitor driving habits by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
To see providers that offer the discounts shown above in Colorado, click this link.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Colorado
Even though Fort Collins Tucson insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Hyundai and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $810 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and comparing coverage, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance agents can help
Many drivers still prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Fort Collins who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Fort Collins will have answers to these questions.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How long has their agency been open in Fort Collins?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Shown below is a short list of insurance companies in Fort Collins that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Hyundai Tucson insurance in Fort Collins.
Once you have good answers to your questions as well as a price you're happy with, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurer that is reputable and can insure your vehicles. But remember, consumers can cancel coverage at any point so don't think you're contractually obligated to a policy for the full policy term.
Insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Auto liability insurance - Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/15 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage - Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Tucson.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/15), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverages - This coverage covers damage to your Tucson resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, rolling your car, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It's also possible to increase the deductible on your Tucson to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage - This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a deer, hitting a bird, vandalism, theft and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.