Searching for low-cost insurance for your Hyundai Sonata in Colorado could be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to make it easier. There is a better way to buy insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for a Hyundai and find the best price possible from Fort Collins insurance agents and online providers.
Sadly, about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Consumers in Fort Collins could save roughly $610 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop their coverage around.
Getting a cheaper price on Hyundai Sonata insurance is actually quite simple. All that's required is to take a couple of minutes to get quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$526||$480||$28||$144||$1,444||$120|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$302||$562||$536||$32||$160||$1,592||$133|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$448||$416||$24||$124||$1,246||$104|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$426||$416||$24||$124||$1,180||$98|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$302||$662||$536||$32||$160||$1,692||$141|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$644||$396||$24||$118||$1,524||$127|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$390||$480||$28||$144||$1,228||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower rates greatly.
Auto insurance premiums by gender
The example below shows the difference between Hyundai Sonata insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Hyundai Sonata full coverage rates compared to liability only
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Sonata insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Hyundai Sonata replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Hyundai Sonata, almost all lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai for a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Hyundai and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado overpays more than $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower Your Fort Collins Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance prices - The type of car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The best insurance prices are for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Due to the fact that the Hyundai Sonata falls in the passenger car class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Fort Collins.
How's your driving record? - Careful drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Getting just one driving citation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have flagrant tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to legally drive.
Lower car insurance rates with uninterrupted coverage - Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you fines and jail time.
Commute or pleasure use - The higher the miles on your Hyundai in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It's always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating correctly shows the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Sonata is throwing money out the window.
Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure - Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
Urban areas may pay more - Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate. Residents of big cities regularly have more traffic problems and more severe claims. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
Your spouse saves you money - Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Loss statistics for a Hyundai Sonata - Insurers use historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Hyundai Sonata vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Hyundai Sonata Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Hyundai Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Sonata Hybrid||142||116||119||124||138||121|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance policy discounts for Hyundai Sonata insurance in Fort Collins
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Most are applied at quote time, but some must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Auto/Life Discount - Larger car insurance companies have a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- ABS Brakes - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Student in College - College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Fort Collins and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, anti-theft, military active duty, driver training, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for paid in full, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, student away at school, paperless, and safe vehicle.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, accident-free, and good student.
- Esurance discounts include multi-car, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, online quote, online shopper, and defensive driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, safe vehicle, good driver, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, and good driver.
If you want the cheapest Hyundai Sonata rate quotes, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available in Fort Collins. If you would like to view companies who offer car insurance discounts in Fort Collins, follow this link.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When selecting coverage, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Hyundai Sonata?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance agents can help
A small number of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Fort Collins that can provide free Fort Collins car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Fort Collins?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How often do they review coverages?
If you receive good answers to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located an insurance company that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles. Just understand that you can cancel your policy any time you want so don't feel that you're stuck with any specific company for the entire policy term.
Car insurance savings summarized
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Hyundai Sonata insurance prices in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Fort Collins car insurance quotes. You may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Cheaper Hyundai Sonata insurance in Fort Collins is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Fort Collins, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pueblo, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)