If price shopping Fort Collins car insurance quotes online is new to you, it's easy to get baffled by the vast assortment of companies that all promise the best rates for Honda Ridgeline insurance in Fort Collins.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. American drivers can cut their rates by approximately 47% a year, but they don't know the rate savings if they changed companies.
You should take the time to do price comparisons once or twice a year because auto insurance prices change regularly. Just because you had the best deal on Honda Ridgeline insurance in Fort Collins on your last policy a different company probably has better rate quotes today. There are a lot of ways to save on Ridgeline insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best ways to stop overpaying for insurance in Fort Collins.
Auto insurance providers offering low-cost prices in Colorado
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ridgeline RT 4WD||$190||$362||$416||$24||$124||$1,116||$93|
|Ridgeline RTS 4WD||$190||$288||$396||$24||$118||$1,016||$85|
|Ridgeline RTL 4WD||$276||$534||$536||$32||$160||$1,538||$128|
|Ridgeline RTL W/Navigation 4WD||$216||$340||$520||$30||$156||$1,262||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can change price quotes significantly.
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Honda Ridgeline insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Don't overlook these Honda Ridgeline insurance discounts
Some providers don't list every possible discount very well, so here is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Good Student - Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Professional Organizations - Being in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Driver's Education for Students - Teen drivers should successfully complete driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Insuring all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low mileage vehicles can earn lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Defensive Driver - Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic. But any discount will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, accident-free, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, and multiple autos.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers has savings for save driver, continuous insurance, early quote, new car, multi-car, and payment discounts.
- American Family may offer discounts for accident-free, multi-vehicle, early bird, good student, air bags, defensive driver, and bundled insurance.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including good student, new graduate, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, and multi-policy.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your area. To choose companies with the best discounts in Fort Collins, click this link.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance agents can help
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Fort Collins that can provide free Fort Collins car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Fort Collins exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Bill Cofer - State Farm Insurance Agent
2700 S College Ave Ste 110 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-7900 - View Map
- John Baugh - State Farm Insurance Agent
2170 W Drake Rd Ste B8 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 484-4000 - View Map
- State Farm: Marinda Simpson
2601 S Lemay Ave #36 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-7800 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will want to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Fort Collins that can give you comparison quotes.
- Skies West Insurance Agency, inc
1531 Riverside Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 223-7611 - View Map
- Fort Collins Insurance Agency, LLC
1730 S College Ave #202 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 222-9477 - View Map
- Insurance Specialties Ltd
148 W Oak St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 490-1530 - View Map
Upon getting good feedback to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Auto insurance myths debunked
Respected companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO endlessly run ads on television and other media. All the companies make the point about how much you will save just by switching your policy. It sounds good, but how can they all offer drivers better rates? You have to listen carefully.
Companies have underwriting criteria for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable risk profile could be between the ages of 40 and 55, owns a home, and does not commute to work. Any person who meets those qualifications will most likely get cheap prices and have a good chance to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who don't qualify for this ideal profile must pay more expensive rates which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick is to say "drivers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" can get the lowest rates when switching. That's why companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why you should get Fort Collins car insurance quotes from several different companies. It's just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Don't give up on affordable rates
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to compare Honda Ridgeline insurance prices in Fort Collins. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Fort Collins car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company.
Affordable Honda Ridgeline insurance in Fort Collins can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Littleton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)