Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Honda Insight in Colorado could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Honda and get the cheapest rates either online or from Colorado Springs insurance agents.
Quoting and comparing rates for the best auto insurance policy in Colorado Springs can be fairly easy. If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, you will benefit by learning to find better prices and still have adequate protection. Consumers just need to use how to get comparison quotes online.
Many insurance companies give coverage prices online. Doing online quotes for Honda Insight insurance in Colorado Springs doesn't take much effort as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. After you submit the form the system orders information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price.
Getting online rate quotes for Honda Insight insurance in Colorado Springs streamlines rate comparisons, and it's very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find lower-cost prices.
To quickly compare pricing, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Colorado Springs which can raise or lower rates significantly.
Higher deductibles save money
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can change Honda Insight yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The information below shows the comparison of Honda Insight annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Honda Insight replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it's costing in excess of $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Auto insurance premiums by gender
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Honda Insight auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Check for these price cutting discounts
Companies don't always publicize every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Seniors can get a discount up to 10%.
- No Claims - Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Memberships - Affiliation with a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Early Switch Discount - A few car insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Colorado Springs car insurance online.
It's important to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, business and professional, teen driver, switch companies, youthful driver, distant student, and multi-car.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, accident-free, driver's education, safe vehicle, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new graduate, newly married, multi-policy, good student, and newly retired.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in every state. For a list of insurers with discount car insurance rates in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda Insight in Colorado Springs, insuring your vehicle is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Insight, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Colorado overpays as much as $810 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to save money.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When selecting your policy, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What policy terms are available?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Colorado?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Independent or exclusive car insurance agents
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local agencies is still important in Colorado Springs.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Different types of auto insurance agents in Colorado Springs
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they work. Auto insurance agents in Colorado Springs are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can handle auto insurance, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a small list of independent agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get free auto insurance quotes.
- CIA-Leavitt Insurance Agency
5585 Erindale Dr #107 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 528-1884 - View Map
- O'Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 227-7100 - View Map
- Benson Insurance Group, LLC
5155 N Academy, #110 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 622-3079 - View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below are Colorado Springs exclusive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Michael Brandl Agency Inc.
1965 Dominion Way Ste 120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 630-7557 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Patricia Szeredy
6632 Delmonico Dr - Colorado Springs, CO 80919 - (719) 268-0080 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Steve Stiltner
4549 Austin Bluffs Pkwy - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 596-8812 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in Colorado Springs will have answers to these questions.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does their agency support local causes in Colorado Springs?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
If you get good feedback to any questions you have and a good coverage price, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy. Just be aware that it's your coverage and you can terminate your policy whenever you choose to so don't feel you're contractually obligated to a policy with no way to switch.