If you've never shopped for Aurora car insurance quotes online, chances are good that you are confused due to the large number of auto insurance companies all claiming to save you money.
Unbelievable but true, about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in America can save almost 46.5% each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It's a good idea to do rate comparisons occasionally because auto insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best deal on Honda Fit insurance in Aurora two years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Comparing quotes for affordable insurance policy in Aurora is not as confusing as people think. In a nutshell, every driver who is overpaying for insurance will more than likely find a better price. But Colorado consumers must learn the way companies set your policy premium and take advantage of how the system works.
Get affordable rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before they will apply.
- Federal Government Employee - Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few larger companies give discounts for switching policies early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Own a Home - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Good Grades Discount - Being a good student may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Accident Waiver - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- No Claim Discounts - Aurora drivers who stay claim-free pay much less compared to bad drivers.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
Companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, driver's education, good driver, and passive restraint.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, safety features, teen driver discount, and good student.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, early bird, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good student, and air bags.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for alternative fuel, multi-car, bundle discounts, distant student, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, and homeowner.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for multiple vehicles, student away at school, anti-theft, company car, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-theft, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, homeowner, and anti-lock brakes.
When quoting, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
How to get free Honda Fit insurance quotes online
All major insurance companies make it easy to get price estimates on the web. Getting Honda Fit insurance prices online is quite simple as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the company's rating system will order your driving record and credit report and quotes a price determined by many factors.
Using the web to get price quotes for Honda Fit insurance in Aurora makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the lowest possible payments on insurance.
To compare rates using this form now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you enter deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will have a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fit Sport VSA||$170||$360||$218||$12||$66||$826||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in Aurora location which can alter insurance rates greatly.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Aurora
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Honda Fit auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set rule to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Honda Fit claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing in excess of $500 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Honda Fit premium costs for different age groups. The information is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions raise Honda Fit auto insurance rates for each age group. The costs are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured's situation is different and your insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my Honda Fit covered for flood damage?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local neighborhood Aurora car insurance agents
A lot of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Aurora.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Aurora who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Shown below are Aurora car insurance companies that can give you price quotes for Honda Fit insurance in Aurora.
- Robbie Wright - State Farm Insurance Agent
3091 S Jamaica Ct #130 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 597-1997 - View Map
- State Farm: Joel Kruschwitz
9801 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 344-1175 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Richard Ahrenkiel
2260 S Xanadu Way Ste 257 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 750-6508 - View Map
- John Baer - State Farm Insurance Agent
6155 S Main St #240 - Aurora, CO 80016 - (303) 680-7777 - View Map
Picking the best insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Discount Honda Fit insurance in Aurora is possible on the web in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Much more information about insurance in Colorado is located below:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Denver, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)