Are you sick of overpaying and want cheaper Honda Fit insurance in Colorado Springs? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Honda Fit in Colorado can turn out to be difficult, but you can learn the following methods and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online so we're going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage on a Honda and get the cheapest rates either online or from Colorado Springs insurance agents.
Shopping around for the cheapest coverage in Colorado Springs is not that difficult. If you're already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these techniques to reduce premiums without reducing protection. Consumers just have to know the quickest way to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
Compare Colorado Springs Honda Fit insurance quotes online
Getting a cheap price on Honda Fit insurance isn't really that difficult. All you need to do is invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable Honda Fit insurance quotes.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fit Sport VSA||$264||$528||$236||$14||$70||$1,112||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can modify coverage prices noticeably.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims influence Honda Fit insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Colorado Springs
The example below examines Honda Fit yearly insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Colorado minimum liability coverage. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no definitive rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Honda Fit replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it's costing you more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Honda Fit insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Don't neglect these rate reducing discounts
Some insurance providers don't always publicize every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Colorado Springs auto insurance quote as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class as it can save substantially.
- Bundle and Save - If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Fit insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like State Farm and Allstate will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
To find insurers with discount rates in Colorado Springs, click here.
When to contact an insurance agency
Some consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Colorado Springs.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Colorado Springs
When researching a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents in Colorado Springs are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can provide auto insurance policies, but it's important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can possibly get you price quotes.
- ALINK Insurance Services- Colorado Springs Location
2407 W Colorado Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 473-6262 - View Map
- Pikes Peak Insurance Agency
2306 N Powers Blvd #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 591-4500 - View Map
- Mary Beth Stiltner Insurance Agency
1880 Dublin Blvd # C - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 528-1555 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs willing to provide price quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Dean Skaret Agency Inc.
2340 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 597-4330 - View Map
- Progressive Insurance
12710 Voyager Pkwy - Colorado Springs, CO 80921 - (719) 582-2759 - View Map
- State Farm: Austin Morgan
1806 Dominion Way Suite A - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 630-1800 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does their agency support local causes in Colorado Springs?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
After you get good feedback for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles. It's important to know that it's your policy and you can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so don't assume you're contractually obligated to any particular company for the entire policy term.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Should I rate my Honda Fit as pleasure use or commute?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Smart Buyers Save Money
Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or your commute time. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in cheaper rates.
Gender and auto insurance - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don't assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. They also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
Obey driving laws and save - Only having one chargable violation can increase rates by twenty percent. Good drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state's licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Get cheaper costs if you're married - Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more financially stable and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Teen drivers are expensive to insure - Young drivers in Colorado have been known to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
Loss probability for a Honda Fit - Car insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the collected loss data for Honda Fit vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
Honda Fit Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Colorado
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda Fit in Colorado Springs, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda Fit has a lienholder, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Colorado Springs is overpaying more than $850 per year so you should quote rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Affordable coverage is out there
People switch companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, high prices or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Colorado Springs can be found online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Colorado Springs auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide price quotes online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
When you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to find out they didn't have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Aurora, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)