Price shopping your Volvo S60 insurance in Fort Collins may be frustrating for drivers who are new to comparison shopping online. Since there are so many insurance companies available, it can easily be a real difficult job to find cheaper coverage rates on Volvo S60 insurance.
A study showed that a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Fort Collins drivers could save an average of about $600 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
If you have coverage now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques presented in this article. The goal of this article is to help educate you on how auto insurance companies operate and some tricks to saving. Nevertheless, Colorado car owners do need to understand the way companies calculate your policy premium because it varies considerably.
It's important to know that making a lot of price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don't always advertise every discount in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Good Driver Discounts - Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck. But all discounts will definitely reduce the cost of coverage.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- The Hartford includes discounts for air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, driver training, and bundle.
- American Family discounts include good student, multi-vehicle, early bird, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Travelers has savings for continuous insurance, early quote, good student, home ownership, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for distant student, teen driver, pay in full, business and professional, youthful driver, mature driver, and alternative fuel.
- USAA has discounts for annual mileage, new vehicle, good student, military installation, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, multi-car, and new graduate.
When comparing rates, check with every company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Fort Collins. To view auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Fort Collins, follow this link.
Insurance agencies can help
Many people prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Fort Collins who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a provider shouldn't rely on just the price. Any good agent in Fort Collins should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- If they are an independent agency in Fort Collins, which companies do they recommend?
If you're trying to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Fort Collins agents may be either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Collins that are able to give rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Daniel B Richmond Agency Inc.
923 E Prospect Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-2881 - View Map
- Farm Bureau Insurance
335 E Mountain Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 482-3952 - View Map
- Gary Cramer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1432 E Mulberry St b - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 484-1374 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller companies which may have better rates.
Shown below are independent agents in Fort Collins willing to provide price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Plains Agency LLC
4532 Mcmurry Ave Ste 101 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 206-0800 - View Map
- A Adam Sater Agency
1719 E Mulberry St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 663-5811 - View Map
- Northern Colorado Insurance Agency
7352 Greenridge Road, Suite A-8 - Windsor, CO 80550 - (970) 460-0303 - View Map
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
How Insurers Calculate Volvo S60 Insurance Prices
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates. Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Volvo is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- What are your deductibles? - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Cheaper auto insurance rates using GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart theives like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent vehicle theft.
- Experienced drivers are lower risk - Young drivers in Colorado are statistically shown to be inattentive in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Volvo S60 historical loss data - Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Volvo S60 Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S60 4dr 2WD 103 85 83 76 72 65 Volvo S60 4dr 4WD 111 73 90 65 66
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need quality insurance for your Volvo vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Fort Collins, buying car insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Volvo with a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Volvo for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Do the work, save more money
In this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Volvo S60 insurance in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best cost.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Fort Collins, CO? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Littleton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)