Nobody likes having to buy auto insurance, in particular when they are paying too much.
Unbelievable but true according to a study 70% of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Colorado insurance shoppers could save almost 35% every year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to shop around. Lots of car insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and get the best coverage at the best rate on Toyota Rav4 insurance in Fort Collins.
How to find low cost Toyota Rav4 insurance in Fort Collins, CO
Finding a lower price on insurance is actually easier than you may think. All you need to do is take the time comparing rates to find the company with cheaper Fort Collins car insurance quotes.
It's so easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to go to each insurance agency near you. Shopping for auto insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you prefer the trained advice of a local Fort Collins agent. You can, however, find lower rates online and still use a local agent.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$160||$326||$456||$28||$136||$1,106||$92|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$296||$628||$426||$26||$128||$1,504||$125|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$164||$330||$426||$26||$128||$1,074||$90|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$130||$238||$330||$20||$98||$816||$68|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$260||$562||$396||$24||$118||$1,360||$113|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$192||$288||$460||$28||$138||$1,106||$92|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$294||$536||$358||$22||$108||$1,318||$110|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$212||$416||$456||$28||$136||$1,248||$104|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$302||$546||$352||$20||$106||$1,326||$111|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$302||$546||$352||$20||$106||$1,326||$111|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$200||$340||$362||$22||$108||$1,032||$86|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$272||$458||$352||$20||$106||$1,208||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise premiums noticeably.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Fort Collins
The chart below shows the comparison of Toyota Rav4 insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Colorado. The prices are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no written rule that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Toyota Rav4 claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $700 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Toyota Rav4 premium costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Toyota Rav4 insurance rates: Men versus women
The example below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Rav4 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper Toyota Rav4 insurance rates in Fort Collins
Some providers don't always list the entire discount list very well, so the list below contains both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Collins car insurance online.
- Bundle and Save - If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Senior Citizens - Older drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Online Discount - Many larger companies give back up to $50 shop Fort Collins car insurance on the web.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Organization Discounts - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a Fort Collins car insurance quote.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Multiple Cars - Buying coverage for several vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Fort Collins car insurance quote when compared with accident-prone drivers.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- American Family may include discounts for Steer into Savings, good student, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include good student, renewal discount, youthful driver, driver training, safe driver, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, passive restraint, defensive driving training, multiple autos, student away at school, good student, and multiple policy.
- Travelers may have discounts that include home ownership, early quote, save driver, continuous insurance, new car, good student, and multi-car.
- The Hartford has savings for good student, anti-theft, bundle, air bag, and defensive driver.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, air bags, membership and employees, daytime running lights, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and military active duty.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agencies is definitely important in Fort Collins.
After completing this simple form, your information is sent to companies in Fort Collins who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Fort Collins will have answers to these questions.
- How long have they been in business?
- Is there a local claims center in Fort Collins?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Informed Consumers Know How to Get Auto Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates.
- Older drivers save more - Older people are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.Teenage drivers are statistically shown to be more careless when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Prevent coverage lapses - Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Combining policies can get discounts - Some companies apply discounts to people who have multiple policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can save money by insuring with multiple companies.
- Drive fewer miles and save - The higher the mileage driven every year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your auto insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect rating for your Rav4 may be wasting your money.
- Rates increase with driving citations - Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Attentive drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Having a single moving violation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive.
- Cut prices and deter theft - Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop vehicle theft.
- Single drivers may get higher costs - Having a spouse can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more financially stable and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- City traffic equals higher prices - Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer people means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though Fort Collins Rav4 insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Toyota Rav4, it's most likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Colorado overpays more than $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to save money.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Low-cost Toyota Rav4 insurance in Fort Collins can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer online rate quotes and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Active Military in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Westminster, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)