How many years has it been since you compared lower-priced Porsche 911 insurance in Fort Collins? Paying for expensive Porsche 911 insurance in Fort Collins can eat up your savings account and force you to cut corners elsewhere.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that over 70% of Colorado drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Most drivers in America could save nearly 46.5% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't believe how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Due to the large number of different company options, it can be hard to locate a lower cost auto insurance provider.
The purpose of this post is to tell you how insurance works and some money-saving tips. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper insurance using the techniques covered below. But Colorado vehicle owners must comprehend the methods companies use to price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Companies offering Porsche 911 insurance in Colorado
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$290||$544||$460||$28||$138||$1,460||$122|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$428||$1012||$368||$22||$110||$1,940||$162|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$312||$684||$314||$18||$94||$1,422||$119|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$280||$578||$330||$20||$98||$1,306||$109|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$384||$890||$338||$20||$102||$1,734||$145|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$356||$878||$426||$26||$128||$1,814||$151|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$428||$1164||$396||$24||$118||$2,130||$178|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$312||$786||$338||$20||$102||$1,558||$130|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$376||$736||$286||$16||$86||$1,500||$125|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$748||$368||$22||$110||$1,584||$132|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$812||$396||$24||$118||$1,686||$141|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$580||$330||$20||$98||$1,290||$108|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$558||$1218||$362||$22||$108||$2,268||$189|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$262||$622||$280||$16||$84||$1,264||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can impact premium rates greatly.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims influence Porsche 911 auto insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Earn discounts on Fort Collins car insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked about before they will apply.
- Defensive Driver - Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Porsche may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Older drivers may receive reduced rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Student Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Paperwork-free - Certain companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on their website.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy premiums.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, federal employee, membership and employees, driver training, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, multi-policy, loyalty savings, family discount, vehicle storage, and military installation.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- American Family offers discounts for good student, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, good driver, bundled insurance, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance has savings for multi-car, paid-in-full, defensive driver, renters, claim free, and safety device.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, mature driver, teen driver, multi-car, switch companies, and good student.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver's education, good driver, anti-theft, accident-free, good student, and student away at school.
Check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be offered everywhere. To choose insurers that offer discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Find Porsche 911 Insurance Cheaper
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Influences performance influences auto insurance costs - The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates tend to be for lower cost passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Because the Porsche 911 is considered a luxury sports car, insuring your vehicle will cost up to twice as much when compared to the average rates in Fort Collins.
- Lower premiums for safer vehicles - Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Porsche 911 scored at minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- When should you not file a claims? - Car insurance companies in Colorado generally give most affordable rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Traffic violations inflate costs - Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single chargable violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who have received dangerous citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to prove financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to legally drive.
- Are you male or female? - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn't mean men are worse drivers. Females and males get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage and thus pay the highest rates.
- Youthful drivers pay more - More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.Youthful drivers have been known to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Porsche 911 insurance claim data - Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting premium rates. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more to insure. The data below shows the historical loss data for Porsche 911 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendancy to have larger claims.
Porsche 911 Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr 191 47 173 24 Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible 197 51 224 36 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr 4WD 349 367
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
There's no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Should I rate my Porsche 911 as pleasure use or commute?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Should I buy only the required Colorado minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people still like to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agencies is still important in Fort Collins.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
The following is a short list of car insurance companies in Fort Collins that are able to give price quotes for Porsche 911 insurance in Fort Collins.
Fort Collins Insurance Agency, LLC
1730 S College Ave #202 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 222-9477 - View Map
Selecting an insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Upon getting good feedback and a good coverage price, it's possible that you found an insurer that can be trusted to adequately provide car insurance.
A little work can save a LOT of money
The cheapest Porsche 911 insurance in Fort Collins is available both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
We just showed you many ideas to get a better price on Porsche 911 insurance in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with a small local company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Arvada, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Security-Widefield, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)