Do you need a fast way to compare lower-priced Kia Sportage insurance in Fort Collins? Are you at wits end from being strong-armed each month for insurance? You have the same problem as millions of other vehicle owners.
It's amazing but most consumers in Colorado have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never shopped around. The average driver in the U.S. can cut their rates by $850 a year, but most undervalue the benefits if they changed companies. There is such a variety of insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more options can take longer to find the lowest cost provider for Kia Sportage insurance in Fort Collins.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since insurance prices change regularly. If you had the best rate on Kia Sportage insurance in Fort Collins on your last policy a different company probably has better premium rates today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the easiest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Low-cost Kia insurance price quotes in Fort Collins
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$258||$516||$426||$26||$128||$1,354||$113|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$226||$440||$396||$24||$118||$1,204||$100|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$214||$362||$358||$22||$108||$1,064||$89|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$216||$424||$426||$26||$128||$1,220||$102|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$276||$502||$362||$22||$108||$1,270||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can decrease or increase rates substantially.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents can raise Kia Sportage insurance costs for different age groups. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The information below illustrates the difference between Kia Sportage car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can change Kia Sportage insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Smart Buyers Save on Insurance
It's important that you understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower rates. Many different elements are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Companies want multiple policies - Most major insurance companies allow a discount to buyers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may find a better deal by buying car insurance from a different company.
- No claims equals lower rates - Companies in Colorado generally give the lowest premiums to policyholders who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is designed for more catestrophic claims.
- Low comp and collision deductibles mean high costs - Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are colliding with a building, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Age of drivers - Drivers with little experience have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.
- Kia Sportage insurance claim data - Insurers study historical loss data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Kia Sportage vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendancy to have larger claims.
Kia Sportage Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sportage 4dr 2WD 82 100 66 113 127 109 Kia Sportage 4dr 4WD 90 100 83 116 108 101
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Kia Sportage insurance in Fort Collins
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Defensive Driver - Passing a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for all your vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- E-sign - Certain insurance companies provide a small discount just for signing your application online.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide offers discounts for good student, anti-theft, easy pay, family plan, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA may include discounts for good driver, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and good student.
- 21st Century has savings for air bags, driver training, automatic seat belts, early bird, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, air bag, defensive driver, bundle, anti-theft, and driver training.
If you need the cheapest Kia Sportage rate quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered everywhere. To view insurance companies who offer online Kia Sportage insurance quotes in Fort Collins, follow this link.
Buying insurance from Fort Collins insurance agencies
Some people just want to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agencies is especially important in Fort Collins.
By using this short form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Fort Collins who will give you bids for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Fort Collins
If you are wanting to find a local Fort Collins insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Fort Collins agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can write insurance policies, but it's good to learn why they differ because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won't have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to compare prices from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Fort Collins who may provide comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company's rates like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Fort Collins that are able to give comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance - Terry Danielson Agency Inc
732 S Lemay Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 226-0919 - View Map
Choosing an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Fort Collins?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers in Colorado can't get away from ads that claim the best rates by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies seem to make the promise that people will save if you move your coverage to them.
How does each company claim to save you money? This is the trick they use.
Many companies have an ideal profile for a prospective insured that is profitable for them. An example of this type of risk profile could be married and over the age of 30, has other policies, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Anyone that fits those parameters will get very good Fort Collins prices and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who fall short of these stringent criteria may be forced to pay a more expensive rate which translates to business not being written. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "people who switch" not "everyone that quotes" can save as much as they claim. That is how companies can advertise the savings.
Because of these techniques, you should do a rate comparison at every renewal. It's not possible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings.
Car insurance savings summarized
Cheaper Kia Sportage insurance in Fort Collins can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don't offer online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies.
You just read many ways to get a better price on Kia Sportage insurance in Fort Collins. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Fort Collins car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a small local company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)