Being forced to pay for expensive car insurance premiums can stress out your funds and maybe even restrict other spending. Shopping your coverage around is recommended to make ends meet.
Shocking but true, the vast majority of consumers in Colorado renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared rate quotes at all. American drivers could save approximately 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but they don't believe the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
You have so many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
Get cheaper rates on Kia Optima insurance in Fort Collins with these auto insurance discounts
Some providers don't list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Fort Collins car insurance online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Optima insurance premium.
- E-sign Discounts - Many insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Seniors may qualify for a slight reduction on a Fort Collins car insurance quote.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Driver Education Discount - Require your teen driver to enroll in driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Fort Collins car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Own a Home and Save - Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
To view insurers with the best Kia Optima insurance discounts in Fort Collins in Colorado, click this link.
The quickest way to get policy rate comparisons for Kia Optima insurance in Fort Collins is to understand auto insurance companies participate in a system to give rate comparisons. All you need to do is provide information such as whether you drive to work or school, level of coverage desired, an estimate of your credit level, and if you have a valid license. Your information is then submitted to many highly-rated insurers and you receive quotes with very little delay.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in your specific Fort Collins location which can influence premium rates significantly.
Raise deductibles and save
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Kia Optima yearly insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The information below shows the comparison of Kia Optima annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that go into determining auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
The following are a few of the "ingredients" auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Single drivers take more risk - Having a spouse actually saves money when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage may mean you are more mature and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Costs may be higher where you live - Living in a small town is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. City drivers tend to have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Age of drivers - Youthful drivers in Colorado tend to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver to your auto insurance policy can increase premiums substantially. More experienced drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Never go without auto insurance - Letting your insurance expire can be a fast way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Kia Optima claim probability - Auto insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help determine rates. Models that have higher loss trends will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the insurance loss data for Kia Optima vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Kia Optima Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima 115 101 107 133 142 120 Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
When selecting a policy for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Does my Kia Optima qualify for pleasure use?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Fort Collins.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Fort Collins who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Fort Collins?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Fort Collins?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Once you have received good answers to all your questions and the cheapest Kia Optima insurance in Fort Collins quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurer that is professional and can insure your vehicles.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Optima insurance, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia Optima, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your Kia Optima but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $825 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Cover all your bases
As you quote Fort Collins car insurance, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Kia Optima insurance in Fort Collins. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Fort Collins car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests or delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)