Would you prefer to buy more competitive Honda HR-V insurance in Fort Collins? Have you had enough of wondering where the money will come from to make your auto insurance payment? You have the same problem as millions of other vehicle owners.
It's hard to believe, but a large majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in the United States could cut their rates by 47% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't want to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
Lots of insurers contend for your insurance dollar, so it's not easy to compare every company and get the definite best rate on Honda HR-V insurance in Fort Collins.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area will increase your chances of finding the best rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide Fort Collins HR-V insurance quotes online, so it's important to compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper Fort Collins car insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurance providers don't always publicize every disount available in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Good Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Federal government employees can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Memberships - Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on HR-V insurance in Fort Collins.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
Some of the larger companies who might offer most of the discounts above include:
If you are trying to find cheaper Fort Collins auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply in Fort Collins.
Why you need insurance for your HR-V
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Honda HR-V with a loan, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Honda gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $810 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying your policy for your vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
What if I want to buy from local Fort Collins car insurance agents?
Certain consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Fort Collins who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Fort Collins?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
Shown below is a short list of insurance companies in Fort Collins that are able to give rate quotes for Honda HR-V insurance in Fort Collins.
American Family Insurance - Lesa Ringkjob Agency Inc
375 E Horsetooth Rd Bldg 6100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-0940 - View Map
American Family Insurance - Daniel B Richmond Agency Inc.
923 E Prospect Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-2881 - View Map