Would you like to save money by finding cheaper car insurance rates in Fort Collins, CO? Fort Collins drivers have a choice when trying to find the lowest priced GMC Yukon insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for a GMC and find the cheapest rates either online or from Fort Collins insurance agents.
Affordable companies for GMC Yukon insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yukon SLE 2WD||$340||$562||$474||$28||$142||$1,546||$129|
|Yukon SLE 4WD||$266||$464||$338||$20||$100||$1,188||$99|
|Yukon SLT 2WD||$342||$546||$352||$20||$106||$1,366||$114|
|Yukon SLT 4WD||$326||$536||$396||$24||$118||$1,400||$117|
|Yukon Denali 2WD||$234||$416||$474||$28||$142||$1,294||$108|
|Yukon Denali 4WD||$164||$288||$338||$20||$100||$910||$76|
|Yukon Hybrid 2WD||$262||$514||$374||$22||$112||$1,284||$107|
|Yukon Hybrid 4WD||$310||$570||$408||$24||$122||$1,434||$120|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 2WD||$410||$964||$480||$28||$144||$2,026||$169|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 4WD||$324||$724||$448||$26||$134||$1,656||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can raise or lower auto insurance rates considerably.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders can increase GMC Yukon annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Physical damage deductibles
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease GMC Yukon premium costs for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for GMC Yukon insurance in Fort Collins
Some companies don't list every disount available very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to you. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Keeping the miles down on your GMC may allow you to get lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Data Collection Discounts - Policyholders that allow their insurance company to spy on driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Multiple Cars - Insuring several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Professional Memberships - Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on auto insurance.
- Early Switch Discount - A few auto insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Yukon insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Fort Collins auto insurance online.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
- Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident without raising rates if you have no claims prior to the accident.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not apply in Fort Collins. To locate auto insurance companies who offer cheap GMC Yukon insurance quotes in Colorado, click here to view.
There's no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What is glass protection for?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Fort Collins.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Fort Collins who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, you should know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Car insurance agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can write car insurance policies, but it's important to point out why they differ because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with companies you've never heard of which may have better rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Fort Collins who may provide free car insurance rate quotes.
- Colorado - B W Insurance Agency Inc
1075 W Horsetooth Rd # 106 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-0924 - View Map
- A Adam Sater Agency
1719 E Mulberry St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 663-5811 - View Map
- Skies West Insurance Agency, inc
1531 Riverside Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 223-7611 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Fort Collins that can give you price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance - Jonathan Susa
1200 S College Ave #302 - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 449-4271 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jennifer Harms
1008 Driftwood Dr Ste B - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 204-1100 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance
3307 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-2219 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Fort Collins should be willing to answer these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Big brands don't always mean big savings
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper auto insurance from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies make the same claim of big savings if you switch your coverage to them.
How does every company say the same thing? This is the way they can do it.
Companies provide the lowest rates for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. A good example of this type of driver may be a married male, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. Anyone who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest premium rates in Fort Collins and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who are not a match for these standards must pay more expensive rates which usually ends up with the customer not buying. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "people that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much. That is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
Because of the profiling, you should quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will have the best rates at this point in time.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive car insurance - This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage and theft. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability - Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other's property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/15 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Some companies may use a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as bail bonds, structural damage, funeral expenses, medical services and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Coverage for medical expenses - Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills like surgery, hospital visits, EMT expenses and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision - This coverage covers damage to your Yukon caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a building, rolling your car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Yukon in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers - This gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your GMC Yukon.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Frequent quotes can save
Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents. The cheapest GMC Yukon insurance in Fort Collins is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation and poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Additional learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)