How long has it been since you compared quotes for low-cost Buick LaCrosse insurance in Fort Collins? Finding the cheapest insurance for a new or used Buick LaCrosse in Colorado can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips and make it easy. There is a better way to shop for auto insurance and we'll show you the best way to price shop coverage for your Buick and locate the lowest possible price from Fort Collins insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to do price comparisons periodically because prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on Buick LaCrosse insurance in Fort Collins a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. There is lot of inaccurate information about LaCrosse insurance online, but in a few minutes you can learn some excellent ideas to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Locating the best rates in Fort Collins is really quite easy. If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, you can follow these tips to find the best rates without reducing coverage. Vehicle owners just have to know the tricks to quote multiple rates on the web.
All the larger insurance companies make it easy to get insurance quotes direct online. Comparing prices online for Buick LaCrosse insurance in Fort Collins doesn't take a lot of time because it's just a matter of typing in your required coverages on the page. Once you submit the form, the company's rating system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information.
Using the web to get rates for Buick LaCrosse insurance in Fort Collins helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to get the best possible rates on insurance.
To compare pricing, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lacrosse CXL AWD||$306||$538||$298||$18||$90||$1,250||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in your specific Fort Collins location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates substantially.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Buick LaCrosse yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Buick LaCrosse insurance, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick has a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Buick for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects your Buick LaCrosse and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Colorado is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don't be fooled by advertising claims
Consumers can't escape the ads that claim the lowest premium rates from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads seem to make the promise that you can save if you move your policy.
Is it even possible that every company can give you a better price on Buick LaCrosse insurance in Fort Collins? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance companies quote their cheapest rates for the right customer that will add to their bottom line. For example, a desirable risk might be described as between 30 and 50, has never had a policy lapse, and chooses high deductibles. Any person that hits that "sweet spot" will get a cheap rate quote in Fort Collins and most likely will save if they switch.
Consumers who fall short of these stringent criteria will have to pay higher prices and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is "people that switch" not "all people who quote" save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings. Because of this risk profiling, you really should compare quotes as often as possible. It's impossible to know which insurance company will give you lower car insurance rates than your current company.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurance providers don't always advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Telematics Data - Drivers that enable data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you're over the age of 55, you may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Buick could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- College Student Discount - Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Fort Collins and don't have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance carriers have a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Paperwork-free - Some larger companies will give you a small discount shop Fort Collins car insurance on their website.
Remember that some credits don't apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Insurance companies who may offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area. For a list of providers with the best discounts in Colorado, click this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
Certain consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Fort Collins that can provide free Fort Collins car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Fort Collins car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from local Fort Collins agents, it's important to understand the different types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Fort Collins can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Collins willing to provide price quote information.
- American Family Insurance - Terry Danielson Agency Inc
732 S Lemay Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 226-0919 - View Map
- Farm Bureau Insurance
335 E Mountain Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 482-3952 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Daniel B Richmond Agency Inc.
923 E Prospect Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-2881 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Fort Collins who can help you get rate quotes.
- Mitchell Zuber Insurance Agency
2850 McClelland Dr #3000 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 207-0600 - View Map
- Colorado - B W Insurance Agency Inc
1075 W Horsetooth Rd # 106 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-0924 - View Map
- A Adam Sater Agency
1719 E Mulberry St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 663-5811 - View Map
When to get professional advice
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Colorado?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Cheap coverage is out there
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service and high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
Cheaper auto insurance in Fort Collins can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
When searching for inexpensive Fort Collins car insurance quotes, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at these sites:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)