Locating cheaper insurance for an Acura RDX in Colorado can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Acura and obtain the best price possible either online or from Fort Collins insurance agents.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best rate on Acura RDX insurance in Fort Collins at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're about to find out one of the easiest ways to get good coverage on Acura RDX insurance in Fort Collins at a lower rate.
If you're already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates without reducing coverage. Comparing quotes for the best-priced car insurance coverage in Fort Collins is easy if you know what you're doing. You only need an understanding of the most time-saving way to get comparison quotes online.
How to buy Acura RDX insurance online
Most major insurance companies make it easy to get coverage price quotes direct online. Getting Acura RDX insurance prices online can be done by anyone because you just enter your coverage information into the form. Once you submit the form, the company's rating system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote.
Using the web to get price quotes for Acura RDX insurance in Fort Collins makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find a better rate.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you replicate coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will have a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$226||$400||$308||$18||$92||$1,044||$87|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$340||$662||$404||$24||$120||$1,550||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase coverage prices significantly.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age in Fort Collins
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Acura RDX auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Fort Collins, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, it's most likely the lender will force you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Acura for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $800 each year so it's recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Companies don't always publicize all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we researched some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Acura could qualify for slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Larger insurance companies have better prices if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Club Memberships - Being in certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Sign Online - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 shop Fort Collins car insurance over the internet.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags can receive discounts up to 30%.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, federal employee, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- USAA may include discounts for good student, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, loyalty savings, family discount, annual mileage, and driver training.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- American Family offers discounts including mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, early bird, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Esurance discounts include defensive driver, paid-in-full, anti-theft, renters, safety device, good driver, and emergency road assistance.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for multi-car, switch companies, early shopping, good student, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver's education, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, good driver, and defensive driving training.
If you need the cheapest Acura RDX rate quotes, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your area. To find companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Fort Collins, follow this link.
Should I contact an insurance agent?
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Fort Collins.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Fort Collins that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Listed below are Fort Collins car insurance companies that may be able to provide price quote information for Acura RDX insurance in Fort Collins.
- Insurance Specialties Ltd
148 W Oak St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 490-1530 - View Map
- State Farm: Eric Moskalski
1090 E Elizabeth St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 493-1888 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance
3307 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-2219 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Scott Frawley
1136 E Stuart St #2220 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-2911 - View Map
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- How many years have they been established?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Upon receiving reasonable responses to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it's possible that you found an provider that is reliable enough to properly service your insurance policy. But keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel coverage any time you want so never assume that you are obligated to a policy with no way out.
Specific coverages for an Acura RDX
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for liability - This can cover damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/15 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as court costs, repair bills for other people's vehicles and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
UM/UIM Coverage - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Acura RDX.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Medical costs insurance - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills such as hospital visits, prosthetic devices, funeral costs, chiropractic care and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision - This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as fire damage, theft, falling objects, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverages - This covers damage to your RDX resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your RDX to save money on collision insurance.
Smart shoppers get results
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation and lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is less work than it seems.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Acura RDX insurance rates in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Fort Collins car insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Fort Collins car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with a small mutual company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Additional auto insurance information is located at the links below
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Littleton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Centennial, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)