How many times have you said it's time to compare lower-priced Ford Fusion insurance in Colorado Springs? Trying to find low-cost insurance for a Ford Fusion in Colorado can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips and make it easy. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for your Ford and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and Colorado Springs agents.
It's smart to do rate comparisons yearly because prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best deal on Ford Fusion insurance in Colorado Springs six months ago there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of wrong information about Fusion insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the easiest ways to slash your auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Colorado Springs is really quite easy. If you are insured now or need new coverage, use these tips to lower your rates without having to cut coverage. Drivers just need to use the most efficient way to find the lowest price instantly.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Colorado Springs insurance quotes
Companies don't always publicize the entire discount list very clearly, so the below list has both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Air Bag Discount - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Colorado Springs auto insurance quote in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Telematics Data - Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to study vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like Allstate's Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance depending on your company.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Insurance companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To see insurance companies that offer discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$526||$426||$26||$128||$1,372||$114|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$644||$352||$20||$106||$1,464||$122|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$516||$496||$30||$148||$1,404||$117|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$538||$352||$20||$106||$1,322||$110|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$216||$340||$460||$28||$138||$1,182||$99|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$326||$762||$396||$24||$118||$1,626||$136|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$416||$330||$20||$98||$1,078||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase price quotes substantially.
Raise deductibles and save
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Ford Fusion insurance premiums for each different age category. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The information below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders can increase Ford Fusion yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Colorado Springs Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may result in lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the items that factor into premiums.
Long commutes cost more - Driving a lot of miles every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most insurance companies calculate prices based on their usage. Autos that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated Fusion may be costing you higher rates. Make sure your car insurance policy states how each vehicle is driven.
Where you live is a factor - Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. Residents of big cities regularly have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Raise physical damage deductibles and save - Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Buy as much liability protection as you can afford - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower car insurance rates - Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all aid in stopping auto theft.
Higher car insurance rates for policy lapses - Not maintaining insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
Ford Fusion claim probability - Companies analyze past claim statistics when setting premium prices. Vehicles that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Ford Fusion vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendancy to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Fusion Vehicles
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Fusion 2WD||110||95||108||116||111||105|
|Ford Fusion 4WD||115||85||120||88||77||71|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid||125||97||98||92||93||95|
|Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid||128||87||91||88||91||107|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to get professional advice
When it comes to adequate coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Should I buy only the required Colorado minimum liability coverage?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agents near you
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Colorado?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Colorado Springs?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How many years have they been established?
Listed below are Colorado Springs car insurance companies that are able to give rate quotes for Ford Fusion insurance in Colorado Springs.
- American Family Insurance - Jim Whitlock Agency LLC
8540 Scarborough Dr Ste 220 - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 591-6336 - View Map
- Tom Harbert - State Farm Insurance Agent
8027 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 594-4500 - View Map
- Kevin Good - State Farm Insurance Agent
11550 Ridgeline Dr #118 - Colorado Springs, CO 80921 - (719) 599-8200 - View Map
- Bob Hawkins - State Farm Insurance Agent
5490 Powers Center Point #132 - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 418-3377 - View Map
Insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Fusion in Colorado Springs, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Fusion, most banks will force you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Ford Fusion. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $855 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to save money.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Some car insurance companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents. Lower-priced car insurance in Colorado Springs can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims and even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Westminster, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)