Want to learn the secrets to finding lower-priced Ford Focus insurance in Colorado Springs? Nobody rejoices having to buy car insurance, particularly when they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most drivers in Colorado have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. American consumers could save themselves approximately $850 a year by just shopping around, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes online. Numerous insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and uncover the absolute lowest rate on Ford Focus insurance in Colorado Springs.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, use these techniques to buy cheaper car insurance while maintaining coverages. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Colorado Springs is really quite easy. Drivers just need to learn the quickest way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
Getting cheaper Ford Focus insurance pricing is not rocket science. You just have to invest a few minutes comparing rates from different insurance companies.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it obsolete to physically go to insurance agents' offices. Comparing Ford Focus insurance rates online makes this unnecessary unless you're the type of person who wants the professional advice of a local agency. Although, it is possible get the lowest quotes online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$282||$358||$22||$108||$912||$76|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$454||$330||$20||$98||$1,104||$92|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$416||$474||$28||$142||$1,222||$102|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$350||$396||$24||$118||$1,014||$85|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$152||$312||$408||$24||$122||$1,018||$85|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$236||$546||$382||$22||$114||$1,300||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can alter insurance rates substantially.
Reckless driving habits raise Colorado Springs auto insurance rates
The illustration below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders can impact Ford Focus insurance premiums for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied when you purchase, but a few need to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed with a military unit can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Professional Memberships - Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Colorado Springs is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Sign Online - A few companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Multiple Cars - Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Colorado Springs auto insurance quote.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some companies reward drivers for signing up early. You could save around 10% when you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To find insurance companies with the best discounts in Colorado Springs, click this link.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Lots of things are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are a few of the "ingredients" utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Avoid unnecessary add-on coverages - Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you've never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
- Men tend to take more risk - Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn't prove that females are better drivers. Both genders get in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. They also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Prices and occupation - Jobs such as military generals, business owners and miners generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, professions such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- With age comes lower costs - Young drivers in Colorado are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Having to add a beginning driver to your insurance policy can break the bank. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle - The more miles you rack up on your Ford each year the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Autos that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage properly reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Focus is throwing money out the window.
- Insurance loss data for Ford Focus vehicles - Companies use historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford Focus vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Focus Models
Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Focus 106 98 90 103 109 111 Ford Focus Electric 87 85 66
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A lot of people just want to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is still important in Colorado Springs.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. You won't need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that can possibly get you free price quotes.
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Colorado Springs willing to provide price quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Colorado?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Smart consumers save more
When searching for the cheapest Ford Focus rate quotes, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced Ford Focus insurance in Colorado Springs can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Colorado Springs auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)