Looking for lower-priced car insurance rates in Fort Collins, CO? Fort Collins buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost Ford Fiesta insurance. You can either spend your time driving around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to buy car insurance so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Ford and locate the lowest possible price from Fort Collins insurance agents and online providers.
It is always a good idea to compare rates occasionally because car insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the lowest price on Ford Fiesta insurance in Fort Collins two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. You'll find a ton of advice on Fiesta insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the easiest ways to lower your car insurance bill.
This information will familiarize you with how car insurance works and also pocket some savings If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the techniques presented in this article. Drivers just have to learn the quickest way to compare prices from many different companies online.
All the larger insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give prices for coverage on the web. This process is pretty painless as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences on the page. Once you submit the form, the company's rating system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Ford Fiesta insurance in Fort Collins streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to do this if you are searching for affordable prices.
If you want to compare rates now, check out the insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Fiesta insurance, car insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado is overpaying more than $800 each year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper rates on Ford Fiesta insurance in Fort Collins with these seven discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- No Claims - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Fort Collins auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Fort Collins can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- E-sign - Certain larger companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy over the internet.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Fort Collins Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Fort Collins can save you money since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
A list of companies and their possible discounts include:
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, air bags, seat belt use, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for paperless, multi-policy, good student, air bags, teen driver, safe driver, and safe vehicle.
- American Family includes discounts for good driver, good student, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, and early bird.
- Esurance may include discounts for DriveSense, homeowner, anti-theft, safety device, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, driver's education, safe vehicle, good driver, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, and good student.
Before buying, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your state. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer free Ford Fiesta insurance quotes in Colorado, click here to view.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Is my Ford Fiesta covered if I use it for business?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- What if I total my Ford Fiesta and owe more than it's worth?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local agencies is important particularly in Fort Collins.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Fort Collins that can give you free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Exclusive and independent Fort Collins car insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can write policy coverage, but it's a good idea to understand the difference between them since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Fort Collins that may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Insurance Specialties Ltd
148 W Oak St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 490-1530 - View Map
- A Adam Sater Agency
1719 E Mulberry St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 663-5811 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Plains Agency LLC
4532 Mcmurry Ave Ste 101 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 206-0800 - View Map
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Fort Collins exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance
335 E Mountain Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 482-3952 - View Map
- Brad Bischoff - State Farm Insurance Agent
1300 Oakridge Dr #100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-9400 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Conrad Manyik Agency Inc.
5620 Fossil Creek Pkwy Ste 1100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 225-0304 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How are they compensated?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Fort Collins?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
What insurance coverages do you need?
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hail damage, fire damage, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This pays for damage to your Fiesta resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Fiesta in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for liability
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other's property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/15 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Colorado state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Ford Fiesta.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Colorado limits are 25/50/15), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for surgery, rehabilitation expenses, dental work, chiropractic care and hospital visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices and even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
Affordable Ford Fiesta insurance in Fort Collins can be sourced online and from local agencies, so get free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to find cheaper Ford Fiesta insurance in Fort Collins. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest prices are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Boulder, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)