Are you baffled by the dozens of auto insurance providers available to you? Many other drivers are too. Colorado people have so many choices that it can easily become a real difficult job to lower your rates for Ford Expedition insurance in Aurora. Aurora is a great city to raise a family in, but expensive auto insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to meet other financial obligations.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,813, drivers can cut their rates by as much as 35% a year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they switch to a new company.
When quoting insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases your odds of finding a better price. Some companies don't provide online rate quotes, so you should also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Aurora, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$208||$312||$280||$16||$84||$900||$75|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$146||$238||$280||$16||$84||$764||$64|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$162||$282||$314||$18||$94||$870||$73|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$330||$536||$304||$18||$92||$1,280||$107|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$328||$726||$388||$22||$116||$1,580||$132|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$328||$726||$388||$22||$116||$1,580||$132|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$294||$662||$338||$20||$102||$1,416||$118|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$378||$662||$404||$24||$120||$1,588||$132|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$378||$662||$404||$24||$120||$1,588||$132|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$164||$288||$286||$16||$86||$840||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in your specific Aurora location which can affect coverage prices substantially.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions drive up Ford Expedition insurance rates for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford Expedition yearly insurance costs with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Expedition book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Insurance policy discounts for Ford Expedition insurance in Aurora
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Mature Driver Discount - Older drivers could receive reduced rates.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- E-sign Discounts - Certain larger companies will give you a small discount simply for signing over the internet.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few companies allow discounts for buying a policy early. You may see this discount when you get Aurora auto insurance quotes online.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less could qualify for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Just know that some credits don't apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
To find providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Aurora, follow this link.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Colorado
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Expedition has a lienholder, almost every bank will require you to buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $750 every year so it's important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Comparing rates from local Aurora auto insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting small agencies is especially important in Aurora.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Aurora that provide free Aurora auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Agencies in Aurora are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Aurora that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
- Colorado Insurance Professionals, Inc.
13693 E Iliff Ave - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 755-8600 - View Map
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 344-2886 - View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 364-0555 - View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Aurora that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Roger Francis
18757 E Hampden Ave Ste 154 - Aurora, CO 80013 - (303) 792-3460 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1140 S Abilene St - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 798-3939 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Richard Ahrenkiel
2260 S Xanadu Way Ste 257 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 750-6508 - View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Aurora, get answers to these questions.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
If you receive acceptable answers for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to provide insurance coverage.