Want to learn the secrets to finding lower-priced Toyota Land Cruiser insurance in Fort Collins? High-priced Toyota Land Cruiser insurance in Fort Collins can sap your savings and force you to tighten up your finances.
It's hard to believe, but most drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Colorado consumers could cut their rates by almost 35% a year, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rate quotes online. Popular companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance increase brand awareness with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's important to take a look at other company's rates once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates tend to go up over time. If you had the best deal on Toyota Land Cruiser insurance in Fort Collins on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we're going to demonstrate one of the best ways to find better coverage on Toyota Land Cruiser insurance in Fort Collins at a better price.
If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, use these techniques to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Fort Collins is not rocket science. Consumers just need to know the most effective way to shop from many companies at once.
Getting cheaper auto insurance pricing can be quick and easy. The only thing you need to do is take time to get quotes to find the company with the cheapest Toyota Land Cruiser rate quotes.
Comparing free quotes online is easy and it, makes it a waste of time to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the professional assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. However, consumers can price shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Fort Collins, CO. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect premium rates considerably.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Toyota Land Cruiser yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Score discounts on Fort Collins insurance
Companies don't list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Collins auto insurance online.
- Auto/Life Discount - Larger insurance companies have a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your Toyota can earn substantially lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Passing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less since newer models have better safety ratings.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, multiple autos, good student, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Travelers offers discounts including payment discounts, home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, driver training, and new car.
- American Family may include discounts for early bird, air bags, accident-free, good driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new vehicle discount, good student, newly retired, newly married, preferred payment discount, new graduate, and teen driver discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To locate insurance companies that offer discounts in Fort Collins, click here.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Toyota Land Cruiser Insurance Prices?
Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
Your gender affects prices - Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes get in auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
Driving citations increase costs - Having just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it's not affordable. Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Insure your auto and home with one company - The majority of insurance companies provide discounts to people that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it's in your best interest to compare Toyota Land Cruiser rates in Fort Collins to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Fewer miles means better premiums - Driving a lot of miles annually the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage. An incorrectly rated Land Cruiser may be costing you.
Liability coverage safeguards assets - Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Toyota Land Cruiser insurance loss statistics - Insurers factor in insurance loss information when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Toyota Land Cruiser vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Land Cruiser Vehicles
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr 4WD||94||88||171|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from auto insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
When finding a local Fort Collins insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of agencies to choose from. Agents in Fort Collins can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are Fort Collins exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Greg L. Howell
816 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 482-2200 - View Map
Dave Lawser - State Farm Insurance Agent
4605 Ziegler Rd #1 - Fort Collins, CO 80528 - (970) 226-1306 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to do anything. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to compare prices from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are independent agencies in Fort Collins that can give you rate quotes.
Colorado - B W Insurance Agency Inc
1075 W Horsetooth Rd # 106 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-0924 - View Map
Fort Collins Insurance Agency, LLC
1730 S College Ave #202 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 222-9477 - View Map
Once you have received acceptable answers to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is professional and can properly service your car insurance policy. Just remember you can always cancel coverage whenever you choose to so never feel you are locked into any specific company with no way to switch.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is other people's property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Colorado?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Tricks in auto insurance advertising
Colorado drivers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings by companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to make the point that drivers will save a bundle if you move your policy.
How is it plausible that every one can save you money on Toyota Land Cruiser insurance in Fort Collins? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Companies require specific criteria for the type of customer that earns them the most money. For instance, a driver they prefer might have to be married and over the age of 30, has a clear driving record, and has a short commute. A customer who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and will most likely pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who cannot meet those standards will be quoted higher rates which translates to business not being written. The ads state "customers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much when switching. That's the way insurance companies can confidently make those statements. Different companies use different criteria so drivers should compare price quotes frequently. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the best prices at this point in time.
Quote more to save more
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We've covered a lot of information how to save on Toyota Land Cruiser insurance in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Colorado? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)