Do you want to learn to get more affordable Toyota Camry insurance in Denver? Are you a victim of an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? It's quite common and you're not the only one.
A recent car insurance study revealed that the vast majority of car insurance customers in Colorado kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Many drivers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they don't believe how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company. With vehicle owners having so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be impossible to pick the most affordable company.
Consumers need to quote other rates before your next renewal because car insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rate on Toyota Camry insurance in Denver a year ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. There is lot of inaccurate information about Camry insurance online, but we're going to give you some proven techniques to slash your car insurance rates in Denver.
Finding a better price on auto insurance can be surprisingly simple. You just need to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes from online providers.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to all the different Denver insurance agencies. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless your situation requires the guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible to compare the best prices online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise coverage prices considerably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Toyota Camry insurance prices for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in Denver, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota has a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Toyota Camry Insurance Costs Can Be More Affordable
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
Only buy what you need - There are many extra add-on coverages you can purchase if you don't pay attention. Things like personal injury protection, accidental death, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Where you live factors in - Having an address in less populated areas of the country can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Urban drivers regularly have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Less people means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims
Lower mileage equals lower premium - The more miles you rack up on your Toyota annually the more you'll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers price each vehicle's coverage based on their usage. Cars that have low annual miles qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. It's a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating is showing how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Camry may be wasting your money.
How many coverages with the same company - Most insurance companies apply lower prices to buyers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it's in your best interest to compare other Denver Camry insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Stay claim-free and reduce rates - If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Colorado give the lowest premiums to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catestrophic claims.
Insurance losses for a Toyota Camry - Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that tend to have higher losses will have increased rates. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Camry vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Toyota Camry Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||124||100||110||118||127||96|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Toyota Camry insurance rates in Denver
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but a few need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you aren't receiving every discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Low Miles Discount - Keeping the miles down on your Toyota could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Denver car insurance but check with your company.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow their company to monitor driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Denver Homeowners Discount - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Memberships - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Denver could trigger savings when getting a Denver car insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Driver Education Discount - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver's education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
We need to note that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for good student, early shopping, alternative fuel, homeowner, youthful driver, and mature driver.
- Esurance includes discounts for good driver, DriveSense, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, online quote, and online shopper.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good student, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, federal employee, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, air bags, and military active duty.
- Allstate offers discounts including passive restraint, early signing, eSmart discount, EZ pay plan discount, senior citizen, premier discount, and farm vehicle.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be offered in Denver. For a list of companies who offer cheap Toyota Camry insurance quotes in Colorado, follow this link.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in Denver.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Denver who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Denver agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can sell insurance policies, but it's worth learning why they differ because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always include a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in Denver that may be able to give pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Denver that are able to give comparison quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency shouldn't rely on just the price. Any agent in Denver should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Denver?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Upon getting satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that can be relied on to service your policy. Just remember you are entitled to terminate coverage for any reason so don't feel you're contractually obligated to any specific company with no way to switch.
Lower rates by being persistent
When you buy Denver car insurance online, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
We just showed you a lot of ways to compare Toyota Camry insurance prices in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Denver car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
More detailed insurance information can be read at these sites:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)