Finding low cost coverage rates on Scion xD insurance in Aurora is always slightly frustrating for drivers who have little experience comparison shopping online. With dozens of online companies, it can easily turn into a big hassle to compare prices in Colorado on Scion xD insurance.
A recent study showed that over 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Aurora insurance shoppers could save up to 35% a year, but they don't understand how simple it is to shop their coverage around.
If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to save money using the ideas covered in this article. Comparison shopping for the best coverage in Aurora is not as hard as you may think. But Colorado car owners benefit from understanding how companies determine premium rates and use it to your advantage.
Many insurance companies provide coverage prices on their websites. Getting quotes for Scion xD insurance in Aurora is easy for anyone as you just enter your required coverages into the quote form. Once entered, the system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information based on these factors.
Using the web to get price quotes for Scion xD insurance in Aurora makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get a better rate.
In order to compare pricing, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This makes sure you are getting rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XD 4-Dr Hatchback||$226||$536||$368||$22||$110||$1,262||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can impact premium rates greatly.
How careless driving impacts Aurora auto insurance rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and accidents can affect Scion xD annual premium costs for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Scion at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Aurora is overpaying more than $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find cheaper rates.
Cheaper prices with safer cars - Safer cars get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
Always keep your coverage in force - Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a fast way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
How much liability coverage do you need? - Your insurance policy's liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
More traffic equals higher premiums - Having an address in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated Colorado areas tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
Driving citations can increase rates - Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates by twenty percent. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with flagrant citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Discounts for alarm systems - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart theives such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system help track and prevent car theft.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Scion xD insurance in Aurora
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some must be requested specifically before they will apply. If they aren't giving you every credit possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with substantially lower rates.
- College Student Discount - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Aurora and don't have a car can receive lower rates.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same car insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents pay less as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Senior Citizens - Older drivers may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck.
To view providers offering car insurance discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Aurora?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from small agencies is important especially in Aurora.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Aurora who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to you. You'll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to use a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Most also write with less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Aurora who may provide free insurance rate quotes.
- ALINK Insurance Services
3033 S Parker Rd #120 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 752-6479 - View Map
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 368-5839 - View Map
- MG Insurance Brokers Llc
2600 S Parker Rd # 263 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 309-6200 - View Map
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Aurora exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1140 S Abilene St - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 798-3939 - View Map
- Lawrence Neal - State Farm Insurance Agent
15037 E Colfax Ave k - Aurora, CO 80011 - (303) 340-8849 - View Map
- Jody Roberts - State Farm Insurance Agent
15260 E Hampden Ave - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 693-1650 - View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Be persistent and save
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Scion xD insurance prices in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Aurora car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Aurora is available both online in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent or even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found by following these links:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Active Military in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Arvada, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)