Do you want a faster way to compare more competitive Nissan Altima insurance in Aurora? Trying to find low cost Nissan Altima insurance in Aurora could be a challenge for people who have little experience online comparison shopping. With such a large number of companies in the marketplace, it can quickly become a chore to find the best price in Colorado on Nissan Altima insurance.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in Colorado could save an average of roughly 35% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't want to take the time to compare rates.
You need to do rate comparisons quite often because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Nissan Altima insurance in Aurora six months ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're about to learn one of the quickest ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find a lower rate. Not every company does online Aurora Altima insurance quotes, so you should also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Aurora, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$526||$426||$26||$128||$1,372||$114|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$546||$338||$20||$100||$1,240||$103|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$240||$492||$456||$28||$136||$1,352||$113|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$210||$416||$536||$32||$160||$1,354||$113|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$662||$396||$24||$118||$1,494||$125|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$334||$852||$480||$28||$144||$1,838||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease coverage prices significantly.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Nissan Altima insurance rates for each age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Altima premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There isn't a written rule of when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Nissan Altima replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing in excess of $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance quotes
Companies don't always publicize every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Distant Student Discount - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Own a Home - Just owning your own home can save you money because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Good Grades Discount - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Online Discount - A handful of auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the web.
- Senior Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a slight reduction on a Aurora car insurance quote.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
It's important to note that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, 55 and retired, good student, youthful driver, safe driver, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new graduate, newly retired, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, safety features, new vehicle discount, and multi-car.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, paid in full, group or association, good student, company car, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, federal employee, air bags, seat belt use, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safety rewards, anti-theft, bundle discounts, homeowner, drive less, multi-car, and safe driver.
If you need affordable Nissan Altima insurance quotes, ask each company how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply in your area.
Informed Consumers Save on Insurance
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are less apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Cautious drivers pay better costs - Having just one chargable violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Do you really need to file that claims? - Car insurance companies in Colorado provide cheaper rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
Are you male or female? - The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn't mean females are better at driving than males. Both sexes are responsible for fender benders at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Save by driving vehicles with better crash test results - Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you. If your Nissan is rated at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Employer can influence prices - Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like lawyers, architects and financial analysts tend to pay higher premium rates attributed to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Save money by raising deductibles - The deductibles are how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Nissan Altima insurance loss probability - Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan Altima vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Altima Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Should I contact an agent?
A small number of people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Aurora.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that can give you free Aurora car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Aurora who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 577-9998 - View Map
- L.A. Insurance Agency
9601 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 577-2400 - View Map
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 337-3600 - View Map
These type of agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are well schooled on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Aurora who can help you get comparison quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1140 S Abilene St - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 798-3939 - View Map
- Denise Smith - State Farm Insurance
1278 S Chambers Rd - Aurora, CO 80017 - (303) 343-3515 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Denise M. Franklyn
13768 E Quincy Ave - Aurora, CO 80015 - (303) 693-8968 - View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any good agent in Aurora should know the answers to these questions.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Aurora?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Aurora?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
How much insurance do I need?
When quoting and comparing the best insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Save $426 a year! What?
Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all say the same thing of big savings if you just switch to them. How does every company say the same thing? This is the trick they use.
Insurance companies have a certain "appetite" for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a desirable insured might have to be over age 30, has no claims, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured who fits those characteristics will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and therefore will save if they switch.
Insureds who cannot meet those standards will have to pay more expensive rates which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "customers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save money. That's the way companies can make the claims of big savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It's just not possible to know with any certainty which company will be your best fit.
Compare but don't skimp
Cheaper Nissan Altima insurance in Aurora can be sourced both online and with local Aurora insurance agents, so get free Aurora car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal and even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
We just presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Nissan Altima insurance in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Additional insurance information can be read at the links below
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Grand Junction, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Westminster, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Highlands Ranch, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)