Are you burned out from scraping the payment together to insure your Mitsubishi every month? Your situation is no different than many other Colorado consumers.
Sad but true, over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. American insurance shoppers could cut their rates by 47% a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue how much they could save if they switched. With so many online and local companies to choose from, it is very difficult to choose the lowest price auto insurance company.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes periodically because auto insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest rate on Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Fort Collins last year a different company probably has better premium rates today. You'll find a ton of advice on Outlander insurance online, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some guaranteed methods to lower your auto insurance premiums.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Fort Collins is really quite easy. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to buy cheaper car insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Shoppers just have to know the least time-consuming way to get comparison rates on the web.
What Impacts Mitsubishi Outlander Insurance Costs?
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are more obscure such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Maintain auto insurance coverage - Driving without insurance is illegal and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure - Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Cheaper rates after marriage - Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on auto insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
Performance influences insurance prices - The performance level of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums are for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Mitsubishi Outlander is a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more when compared to the average rates in Fort Collins.
Guys are more aggressive - Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving.
Annual mileage impacts costs - Driving a lot of miles every year the more you'll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating is rated on how each vehicle is driven. An improperly rated Outlander may be costing you higher rates.
How's your driving record? - Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Having just one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have multiple violations like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Low stress vocation equals lower rates - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupational choices like military personnel, executives and miners tend to have higher rates than average due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers like actors, students and the unemployed pay the least.
Loss probability for a Mitsubishi Outlander - Companies analyze historical claim data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the insurance loss data for Mitsubishi Outlander vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehiclescombined as an average is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
Mitsubishi Outlander Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr 2WD||117||104||119||155|
|Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr 4WD||116||93||140||115|
|Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 4dr 2WD||116||121||99||165||146||129|
|Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 4dr 4WD||109||118||123||124||139||112|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cutting your Fort Collins auto insurance rates is a great way to save money. Drivers just need to spend a little time comparing rates to discover which company has affordable Fort Collins auto insurance quotes.
Comparing free rates online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to actually drive to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you want the trained guidance of a local Fort Collins agent. Drivers can get prices online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlander ES 2WD||$266||$526||$362||$22||$108||$1,284||$107|
|Outlander SE 4WD||$302||$546||$298||$18||$90||$1,254||$105|
|Outlander SE 4WD||$232||$454||$280||$16||$84||$1,066||$89|
|Outlander SE 2WD||$212||$416||$388||$22||$116||$1,154||$96|
|Outlander SE 2WD||$246||$420||$308||$18||$92||$1,084||$90|
|Outlander ES 4WD||$208||$380||$280||$16||$84||$968||$81|
|Outlander XLS 2WD||$266||$546||$286||$16||$86||$1,200||$100|
|Outlander XLS 4WD||$278||$496||$308||$18||$92||$1,192||$99|
|Outlander GT-S AWC 4WD||$210||$416||$404||$24||$120||$1,174||$98|
|Outlander GT-S AWC 4WD||$214||$448||$338||$20||$102||$1,122||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise price quotes noticeably.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The example below shows how violations and at-fault claims drive up Mitsubishi Outlander insurance premiums for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Yearly auto insurance costs for men versus women
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Mitsubishi Outlander insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Advertising and insurance
Colorado consumers can't avoid all the ads that claim the cheapest prices by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to seem to make the promise that you can save if you change to their company.
How does every insurance company charge lower premium rates? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Many companies provide the lowest rates for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. A good example of this type of insured might be between 25 and 40, has no tickets, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A customer getting a price quote that meets those criteria will get the preferred premium rates in Fort Collins and will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who do not match those criteria may be forced to pay a more expensive rate and the customer not buying. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "people who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. This illustrates why you really need to do a quote comparison often. It's not possible to predict which insurance companies will provide the lowest Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Fort Collins.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mitsubishi Outlander in Fort Collins, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Outlander with a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Mitsubishi at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Mitsubishi Outlander but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Mitsubishi Outlander insurance discounts in Fort Collins
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Early Signing - Select car insurance companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current Outlander insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Military Rewards - Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get better car insurance rates.
- Distant Student - Any of your kids who are attending college and don't have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver's education if it's offered in school.
- Homeowners Savings - Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings as much as 30%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, defensive driving training, good driver, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, membership and employees, federal employee, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safety rewards, safe driver, teen safe driver, homeowner, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, mature driver, homeowner, switch companies, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, and youthful driver.
- AAA has savings for pay-in-full, multi-car, education and occupation, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- USAA may have discounts that include defensive driver, new vehicle, vehicle storage, multi-policy, and driver training.
When getting free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Fort Collins.
Compare rates but buy from a local Fort Collins insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you directly. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is there a local claims center in Fort Collins?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How are they compensated?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can select. Agencies in Fort Collins are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can write policy coverage, but it's important to point out the subtle differences because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are trained well in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are Fort Collins exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Fort Collins that can give you price quotes.
Smart shoppers get results
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
Cheaper Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Fort Collins is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Thornton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)