Finding cheaper insurance for a Mazda CX-5 in Colorado can be an all-consuming task, but you can use our insurance buying tips to save time. There is a better way to buy insurance and we'll show you the quickest way to quote coverages for your Mazda and get the cheapest rates from Denver insurance agents and online providers.
It's a good idea to do price comparisons on a regular basis since insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the best rates on Mazda CX-5 insurance in Denver six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're about to learn one of the quickest ways to buy cheaper Mazda CX-5 insurance in Denver.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates without reducing coverage. Locating cheaper protection in Denver is quite easy. Consumers only need to know the proper way to compare company rates using one simple form.
Learn How to Quote Insurance Cheaper
Many things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but some are more transparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. When buying insurance it's important to understand the factors that play a part in calculating insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower insurance prices.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
Type of vehicle determines base costs - The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Because the Mazda CX-5 is a crossover, insurance will be slightly more than the average rate where you live in Denver. Small economy passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
Do men or women drive better? - Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes have at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
Extra coverages push up rates - Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Can a thief steal your car? - Owning a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft.
Mazda CX-5 insurance loss statistics - Car insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Mazda CX-5 vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Mazda CX-5 Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD||66||88||85||79||83||76|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD||71||83||102||79||74||72|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest method we recommend to compare policy rates for Mazda CX-5 insurance in Denver is to know the trick auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information such as how much coverage you want, if the vehicle is leased, whether or not you need a SR-22, and daily mileage. Your information gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here then complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Car insurance is not optional in Colorado
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will force you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Mazda but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your CX-5 more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $850 per year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Lower-cost Mazda CX-5 insurance in Denver
Some insurers don't always publicize all available discounts very well, so the below list has both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking part in a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Good Drivers - Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next auto insurance statement.
Don't be shocked that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
To choose companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Denver insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Denver who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Denver?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
The following are agents in Denver that may be able to provide rate quotes for Mazda CX-5 insurance in Denver.
- Affordable American Insurance-Lloyd Nguyen Agency
1834 S Sheridan Blvd - Denver, CO 80232 - (303) 936-7233 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Greg Delgado
2839 Wyandot St - Denver, CO 80211 - (720) 588-4111 - View Map
- Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave - Denver, CO 80220 - (303) 320-4901 - View Map
- State Farm: Sid Priday
2955 Inca St #1b - Denver, CO 80202 - (303) 825-7909 - View Map
Persistence pays off
A few companies do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced insurance in Denver is definitely available both online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
People leave their current company for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices and delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
We've covered a lot of ways to lower your Mazda CX-5 insurance rates in Denver. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Denver auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Denver auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Other learning opportunities
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)