Did a good deal turn into an overpriced auto insurance policy? It's quite common and you're not alone.
It's shocking but over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Aurora insurance shoppers can cut their rates by roughly $600 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Due to the abundance of insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Mazda CX-5 in Aurora, it is very difficult to find the most cost effective insurance company.
Aurora car insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don't always list every possible discount very well, so the below list has both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Organization Discounts - Being in certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles can qualify you for discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies will give you a small discount get Aurora car insurance over the internet.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will definitely reduce your overall bill.
If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Aurora, follow this link.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
- More performance means higher prices - The type of car or truck you drive makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Because the Mazda CX-5 falls in the crossover class, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more as compared to the average rate in Aurora. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money - Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
- Pay more if you have a long commute - Residing in areas with lower population can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims City drivers have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
- Do you need those extra coverages? - Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that you can buy when buying car insurance. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Better drivers pay the best costs - How you drive has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received license-revoking tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? - Lots of companies provide better rates to clients that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's in your best interest to compare Mazda CX-5 rates in Aurora to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can find lower rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Buy as much liability as you can afford - The liability section of your policy is the protection when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Mazda CX-5 insurance loss probability - Auto insurance companies use claims history when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Mazda CX-5 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehiclescombined as an average is set at 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendancy for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Mazda CX-5 Vehicles
Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD 66 88 85 79 83 76 Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD 71 83 102 79 74 72
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but buy from a local Aurora insurance agency
A lot of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Aurora who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Aurora?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Aurora?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Aurora?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance policy providers are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora that are able to give comparison quotes.
Paul Macaluso - State Farm Insurance Agent
Ste A6, 16911 E Quincy Ave - Aurora, CO 80015 - (303) 690-6700 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Aurora that are able to give comparison quotes.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Aurora, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Mazda, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don't give up on affordable rates
When you buy Aurora car insurance online, it's very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheap Mazda CX-5 insurance in Aurora can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Aurora agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide price quotes online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
More tips and info about insurance is located in these articles:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Littleton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)