Are you sick and tired of sacrificing other expenses to buy insurance? You have the same problem as many other Colorado consumers.
A recent insurance study revealed that most Colorado insurance customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. U.S. consumers can cut their rates by 47% a year just by shopping around, but they don't understand how simple it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Popular companies such as GEICO and Progressive continually bombard you with ad campaigns and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and take the time to shop coverage around.
Smart consumers take time to check insurance prices at least once a year since prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Kia Sorento insurance in Colorado Springs six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can search a lot of Sorento insurance online, but we're going to give you some great ways to put money back in your pocket.
Low-cost Kia insurance price quotes in Colorado Springs
The following companies provide price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Kia Sorento Insurance Premiums?
Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The list below includes a few of the "ingredients" used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Deductibles are a factor - Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and having your car stolen. The deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure - Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Incidental coverages push up costs - Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Sorento policy. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
- Lower miles driven equals lower premium - The more you drive your Kia in a year the more you'll pay to insure it. Almost all companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your car insurance policy is rated on the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Sorento can cost quite a bit.
- Get married and get better rates - Walking down the aisle may save some money when shopping for car insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Traffic violations can be expensive - Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Low credit rating equals high prices - Having a bad credit score factor in determining your rates. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Sorento if you improve your credit rating.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance prices - The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Due to the fact that the Kia Sorento is a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more compared to average rates in Colorado Springs. Small economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Kia Sorento claim statistics - Car insurance companies use statistical claims data to help determine rates. Vehicles that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates. The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Kia Sorento vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Kia Sorento Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD 80 86 82 110 111 94 Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD 85 87 101 97 98 85
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get lower-cost rates on Kia Sorento insurance in Colorado Springs with these insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don't list the entire discount list very clearly, so we break down some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Driver Education Discount - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver's education in high school.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Theft Prevention System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Multiple Cars - Drivers who insure several vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- E-sign - Many larger companies will give you a small discount get Colorado Springs auto insurance on the internet.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer online Kia Sorento insurance quotes in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
Should I have guidance from an insurance agency?
Many drivers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is still important in Colorado Springs.
After completing this quick form, your information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
If you're trying to find a local Colorado Springs insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs that may be able to give you price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Jeffrey Lloyd Sudermann Agency
6455 N Union Blvd #104 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (303) 974-7676 - View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quote information.
Picking the best car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Don't believe everything you hear
State Farm and Allstate regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all have a common claim that drivers will save a bundle just by switching your policy. Is it even possible that every company can say the same thing? This is the way they can do it.
Most companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer should be over the age of 40, has never had a claim, and insures a new vehicle. A propective insured that meets those criteria will get the preferred car insurance rates in Colorado Springs and will probably save a lot on Colorado Springs Kia Sorento insurance if they switch.
Consumers who fall short of the ideal profile will be quoted a higher premium which results in the customer not buying. If you listen closely, the ads state "customers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save money. That's the way companies can truthfully make claims like that.
Because every company is different, you really need to get as many free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes as possible. Because you never know which insurance company will give you lower prices than your current company.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- What is glass protection for?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Cheap insurance prices are available
When getting Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Kia Sorento insurance premium rates in Colorado Springs. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Lower-priced Kia Sorento insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don't offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Colorado Springs, CO? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Boulder, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)