Locating more affordable Colorado Springs Jeep Patriot insurance quotes is problematic for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing and buying auto insurance over the internet. With so many options of insurers to choose from, how are vehicle owners able to effectively compare them all to find the best pricing?
Astonishing but true, almost 70% of drivers in Colorado have been with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could pocket almost 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they don't want to spend time to compare rates and save money.
It's a good idea to do rate comparisons quite often because auto insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best rate on Jeep Patriot insurance in Colorado Springs at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Don't believe everything you read about Patriot insurance online but we're going to give you some excellent ideas to lower your auto insurance premiums.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using this strategy. Buying the lowest-priced auto insurance coverage in Colorado Springs is not as confusing as people think. Although Colorado car owners can benefit from knowing the way companies determine what you pay because rates are impacted by many factors.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rates for Jeep Patriot insurance in Colorado Springs takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details such as the make and model of your vehicles, an estimate of your credit level, if you went to college, and how your vehicles are used. Your insurance information gets transmitted to multiple companies and you receive quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here then complete the form.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Patriot Sport 2WD||$226||$440||$368||$22||$110||$1,166||$97|
|Patriot Sport 4WD||$188||$348||$426||$26||$128||$1,116||$93|
|Patriot Limited 2WD||$264||$448||$358||$22||$108||$1,200||$100|
|Patriot Limited 4WD||$170||$306||$330||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact prices greatly.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can drive up Jeep Patriot car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Jeep Patriot insurance rates for different age groups. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Patriot car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule for dropping physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Jeep Patriot book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing you more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Colorado
Despite the potentially high cost of Jeep Patriot insurance, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Jeep, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Jeep for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Jeep. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Jeep as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Patriot more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Jeep Patriot Insurance Prices Can Be Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that are used to determine your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although others are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
The following are some of the items companies use to determine your rates.
High physical damage deductibles equal low rates - Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more damage repair cost you're willing to pay, the less your insurance will be.
Policy lapses lead to higher rates - Allowing your insurance policy to lapse can be a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license.
Marriage can lower costs - Having a spouse may save some money on insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Affects performance affects rates - The type of car you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. Because the Jeep Patriot is a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more compared to average rates in Colorado Springs. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
No policy claims equals cheap prices - If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Colorado provide the lowest premiums to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Rates can be impacted by your vocation - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like military generals, business owners and emergency personnel generally pay higher rates than average because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, students and retirees get better rates.
Better prices on vehicles with better crash test results - Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If the Jeep Patriot has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
Loss statistics for a Jeep Patriot - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Models that historically have higher losses will cost more for coverage.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Jeep Patriot vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jeep Patriot Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Patriot 4dr 2WD||80||139||65||123||121||140|
|Jeep Patriot 4dr 4WD||73||121||67||98||100||111|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rate quotes by getting discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always publicize the entire discount list very well, so the following list contains some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger online companies will give you a small discount get Colorado Springs auto insurance digitally online.
- No Accidents - Colorado Springs drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Discount for Good Grades - Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Student in College - Children who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds who allow driving data collection to monitor vehicle usage remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Early Switch Discount - A few companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Patriot insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
Don't be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
For a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different and your car insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Are car insurance agents of importance?
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in Colorado Springs.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Colorado Springs should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Colorado Springs?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to reduce Jeep Patriot insurance premium rates online in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with a small local company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When searching for affordable Jeep Patriot insurance quotes, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced Jeep Patriot insurance in Colorado Springs can be purchased from both online companies and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pueblo, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)