Finding better insurance prices for a Jeep Compass in Colorado can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Jeep and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from Colorado Springs insurance agents.
Unimaginable but true, most insurance buyers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in Colorado could save as much as 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't want to compare other rate quotes.
It's a good habit to price shop coverage at least once a year due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best rate on Jeep Compass insurance in Colorado Springs two years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're about to learn one of the easiest ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$240||$412||$362||$22||$108||$1,144||$95|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$162||$282||$358||$22||$108||$932||$78|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$260||$536||$396||$24||$118||$1,334||$111|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$144||$282||$368||$22||$110||$926||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise coverage prices considerably.
Careless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders can affect Jeep Compass premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age
The information below shows the difference between Jeep Compass insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Jeep Compass insurance rates for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Three reasons to insure your Jeep vehicle
Even though Colorado Springs Compass insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Compass, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Jeep for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your Jeep Compass and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Jeep as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Compass greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart Consumers Know How to Find Car Insurance More Affordably
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in better car insurance rates. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The following are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
Car insurance liability insurance limits - The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage when you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Obey driving laws and save - A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Careful drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Having just one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers with multiple citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Consolidate policies to earn discounts - The majority of car insurance companies provide lower prices to policyholders that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you're getting this discount you still need to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.
A good credit rating can save money - Credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Jeep Compass by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with bad credit.
Proper usage rating affects rates - The higher the miles on your Jeep annually the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that are left in the garage receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Incorrect rating for your Compass may be wasting your money. Make sure your car insurance policy shows the correct driver usage.
Is your car built for speed? - The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Jeep Compass is classified as a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more when compared to the average rates in Colorado Springs. Low performance passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Discounts for married couples - Having a significant other can actually save you money when buying car insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Loss statistics for a Jeep Compass - Companies use past insurance losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the insurance loss data for Jeep Compass vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more frequent losses or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jeep Compass Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Compass 4dr 2WD||87||135||58||128||124||142|
|Jeep Compass 4dr 4WD||76||114||63||99||107||106|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but a few need to be requested specifically before being credited.
- Multi-line Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Senior Discount - Seniors may be able to get a slight reduction on a Colorado Springs car insurance quote.
- Distant College Student Discount - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Compass insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts include:
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance offers discounts including emergency road assistance, paid-in-full, homeowner, renters, and multi-car.
- The Hartford may include discounts for driver training, air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and defensive driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Colorado Springs. To see a list of auto insurance companies that offer discounts in Colorado Springs, click this link.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to a policy, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Local Colorado Springs insurance agents
A small number of people would rather sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Colorado Springs who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Different types of Colorado Springs car insurance agents
If you are searching for a local Colorado Springs insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it's important to know how they differ because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get several quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get free auto insurance quotes.
- Southern Colorado Insurance Center
4390 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 329-4441 - View Map
- Solid Rock Insurance Agency
2850 Serendipity Cir W #230 - Colorado Springs, CO 80917 - (719) 574-0082 - View Map
- Six and Geving Insurance Inc
3630 Sinton Rd # 200 - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 590-9990 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you price quotes.
- State Farm: Austin Morgan
1806 Dominion Way Suite A - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 630-1800 - View Map
- Larry Lucero - State Farm Insurance Agent
5225 Academy Blvd N #108 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 599-8661 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Wermers Agency Inc
1283 Kelly Johnson Blvd - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 471-6777 - View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Where are claims handled?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction as well as low cost Jeep Compass insurance quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy. It's important to know that you are entitled to cancel coverage for any reason so never feel you're contractually obligated to any particular company with no way to switch.
One last thing to lower rates
When buying insurance coverage, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented many tips how you can get a better price on Jeep Compass insurance in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Low-cost Jeep Compass insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Ken Caryl, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Denver, CO? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)