Wish you could get out of an expensive insurance policy? You're preaching to the choir because many Aurora drivers have buyer's remorse.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Aurora can save $600 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy. Having so many insurance companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Honda CR-Z in Aurora, it can be challenging to find the lowest cost insurance provider.
It's a good idea to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the lowest price on Honda CR-Z insurance in Aurora last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. You can search a lot of CR-Z insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some of the best techniques to stop overpaying for insurance in Aurora.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Aurora, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Aurora, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda CR-Z, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to save money.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Aurora
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes some of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
Your spouse saves you money - Your spouse helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other means you're more mature and responsible and it's statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Discounts for multiple policies - Most insurers provide better rates to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
Improve your credit rating and save - A driver's credit rating is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Honda CR-Z by repairing your credit. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Extra coverages are wasting money - Insurance companies have many extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying auto insurance. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Honda CR-Z insurance loss data - Insurers factor in insurance loss information when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendancy to have larger claims.
Honda CR-Z Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-Z Hybrid||106||87||83||98|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take advantage of these discounts on Honda CR-Z insurance in Aurora
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but some need to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking a course in defensive driver may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Online Discount - Some car insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Driver's Education for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course if it's offered in school.
- Early Switch Discount - A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, accident-free, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for alternative fuel, pay in full, business and professional, multi-car, bundle discounts, mature driver, and homeowner.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, good student, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and military active duty.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including Steer into Savings, air bags, bundled insurance, defensive driver, early bird, good student, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide may include discounts for business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, anti-theft, family plan, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Aurora.
Getting quotes from local Aurora insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important particularly in Aurora.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. You never need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies from which to choose. Agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can do a good job, but it's worth learning the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, you should always compare quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Aurora who may provide pricing information.
A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 364-0555 - View Map
Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 695-6220 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide other company's prices so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Aurora who can help you get rate quotes.
Selecting a insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How long has the business existed?
- How are they compensated?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Don't give up on cheaper coverage
Some insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and these regional carriers work with independent agents. Cost effective Honda CR-Z insurance can be sourced on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
As you quote Aurora car insurance, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional information can be read below:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Aurora, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Arvada, Colorado? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)