Nobody I know anticipates paying for insurance, especially knowing they could find better rates elsewhere.
A recent survey discovered that almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Colorado drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online. Multiple car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to find the lowest cost out there.
Consumers should take time to compare premium rates every six months because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Fiat 500 insurance in Fort Collins a couple years back you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding 500 insurance online, but you can learn a lot of great tips on how to find cheap insurance in Fort Collins.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, follow these tips to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. Finding affordable insurance coverage in Fort Collins is easy if you know what you're doing. Drivers just have to know the most efficient way to compare company rates from many different companies.
Finding low cost Fiat 500 car insurance prices is pretty simple and can save money. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes on the computer getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it obsolete to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the professional abilities of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower-cost Fort Collins insurance rates with discounts
Companies do not advertise every possible discount in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Fort Collins auto insurance online.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Early Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Professional Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Military Discounts - Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Sign Online - Many insurance companies provide a small discount get Fort Collins auto insurance on their website.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won't be that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple policy, student away at school, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and driver's education.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Travelers has discounts for home ownership, good student, driver training, student away at school, IntelliDrive, and payment discounts.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, air bags, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-policy, new move discount, multi-car, exclusive group savings, and teen driver discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not be available in every state. To locate insurers who offer online Fiat 500 insurance quotes in Fort Collins, follow this link.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Fiat 500 insurance, paying for car insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fiat 500 has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Fiat at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Fiat 500 but also your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Fort Collins overpays more than $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
When should I contact an insurance agent?
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best provider requires more thought than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from local Fort Collins agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Fort Collins can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it's worth mentioning the subtle differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Fort Collins exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's recommended you get rate quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Fort Collins that are able to give price quote information.
Colorado - B W Insurance Agency Inc
1075 W Horsetooth Rd # 106 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-0924 - View Map