Want to know how to find cheaper Dodge Durango insurance in Denver? When searching for more affordable insurance, are you baffled by the wide range of auto insurance sources available to you? Lot's of other people are too. Drivers have such a vast assortment of sources available that it can easily turn into a chore to lower your premium rates for Dodge Durango insurance in Denver. Everyone knows Denver is a good city to live in, but high auto insurance rates can make it hard to afford coverage.
A recent study showed that nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. U.S. drivers could save almost $850 every year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you're about to read. This article's intent is to teach you a little about the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. Although Colorado consumers do need to know the way insurance companies determine prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
Dodge Durango Insurance Premium Factors
Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Buy a safe car and pay less - Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Dodge is rated at a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Drive lots and pay more - The more you drive in a year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how much you drive. Cars used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. Verify your vehicle rating is rated on the proper vehicle usage. Having the wrong rating on your Durango may be costing you.
- More performance means higher prices - The type of vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The most favorable rates are usually for smaller low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Dodge Durango falls in the standard SUV class, rates will be slightly more when compared to the average rates in Denver.
- Never have policy lapses - Going without insurance is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you fines and jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Colorado DMV.
- Dodge Durango insurance loss statistics - Insurers study historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that tend to have higher losses will have higher premium rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Dodge Durango vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendancy to have higher losses.
Dodge Durango Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD 88 110 91 104 90 100 Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD 90 115 97 92 93 102
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The best way to compare rate quotes for Dodge Durango insurance in Denver is to understand almost all companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information like what your job is, if you're married, your general credit rating, and if you require a SR-22. The rating information is automatically sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes almost instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Dodge Durango now, click here and complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Truth in insurance advertising
Big name companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use television, radio, and online ads. All the companies convey the message about savings if you just switch to them. How does every insurance company make the same claim? It's all in the wording.
Insurance companies give the best rates for the right customer that earns them the most money. For instance, a profitable customer might be described as between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any new insured who fits those characteristics will probably get the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save money with a new company.
Consumers who do not meet this stringent profile will get more expensive rates and business not being written. The ads say "people who switch" not "all people who quote" save money. That is how companies can advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why it is so important to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It's just not possible to know with any certainty which company will have better prices than you're paying now.
Three good reasons to insure your Durango
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Durango are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
These discounts can lower Dodge Durango insurance rates
Some insurers don't always list every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Good Students Pay Less - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Senior Discount - Older drivers are able to get reduced rates.
- Organization Discounts - Joining a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on car insurance.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Durango insurance policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Passive Restraints - Options like air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don't apply the the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way.
Larger car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include teen driver, distant student, pay in full, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, and youthful driver.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- American Family includes discounts for bundled insurance, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide has savings for anti-theft, good student, family plan, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and multi-vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts might not be offered in your area. To locate companies that offer discounts in Colorado, click here.
Are auto insurance agents used anymore?
A small number of people still like to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower prices but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agencies is important particularly in Denver.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Denver who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Every insured's situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your Dodge Durango insurance rates in Denver. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Denver auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Dodge Durango insurance quotes. You may even find the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cheaper Dodge Durango insurance in Denver can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Longmont, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Arvada, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)