Sick and tired of being strong-armed to keep your car insured? You are in the same boat as most other vehicle owners in Colorado.
Sad but true, nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in Denver could save themselves 35% a year just by shopping around, but most just don't grasp how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy. You have multiple car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to compare rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Denver.
It's a great practice to quote other rates yearly because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best deal on Chevy Silverado insurance in Denver last year there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the only way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Denver can really be easy if you know what you're doing. If you have auto insurance now, you should be able to lower your rates using the concepts covered in this article. Drivers only need to know the proper way to compare prices on the web.
Cheapest companies for Chevy Silverado insurance
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Denver, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$126||$244||$448||$26||$134||$978||$82|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$114||$200||$338||$20||$100||$772||$64|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$260||$516||$516||$30||$154||$1,476||$123|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$234||$472||$448||$26||$134||$1,314||$110|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$246||$420||$362||$22||$108||$1,158||$97|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$244||$454||$474||$28||$142||$1,342||$112|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$172||$314||$382||$22||$114||$1,004||$84|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$252||$368||$520||$30||$156||$1,326||$111|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$162||$350||$396||$24||$118||$1,050||$88|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$250||$434||$396||$24||$118||$1,222||$102|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$264||$528||$396||$24||$118||$1,330||$111|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$240||$492||$516||$30||$154||$1,432||$119|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$148||$288||$382||$22||$114||$954||$80|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$148||$288||$338||$20||$100||$894||$75|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$342||$644||$396||$24||$118||$1,524||$127|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$294||$630||$396||$24||$118||$1,462||$122|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$294||$762||$396||$24||$118||$1,594||$133|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$294||$640||$396||$24||$118||$1,472||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase prices substantially.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents increase Chevrolet Silverado insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Informed Drivers Know How to Find Insurance More Affordably
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that are used to determine your premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may result in big savings.
The following are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Better prices with anti-theft devices - Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Keep premiums low by being claim-free - If you file claims often, don't be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Colorado provide most affordable rates to people who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Safer the car lower the rate - Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Chevy Silverado scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
- More traffic means higher claims - Living in a small town is a good thing when buying insurance. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims City drivers tend to have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Tickets drive up premiums - Your driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Good drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Even a single driving citation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers who get severe citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Chevy Silverado historical loss data - Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting premium prices. Models that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Silverado vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendancy for losses to be larger than average.
Chevrolet Silverado Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD 76 118 85 78 69 125 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD 60 76 72 54 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 89 103 131 77 70 94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 96 105 116 57 57 87 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 90 126 100 88 85 117 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 84 98 89 60 60 88 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD 60 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD 66 97 66 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 76 127 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 88 114 97 45 42 82 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD 80 54 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 79 105 83 37 43 75 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD 65 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 98 127 108 54 39 76 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD 129 127
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Discount for Good Grades - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Active Military Service - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying coverage for multiple cars with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow driving data collection to look at when and where they use their vehicle remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Mature drivers may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them with the same company you could save up to 20% and get you affordable Chevrolet Silverado insurance rates in Denver.
- Theft Prevention System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic.
A few companies that have these discounts possibly include:
If you want affordable Denver car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be available everywhere. To see a list of insurers who offer cheap Chevy Silverado insurance quotes in Denver, follow this link.
When to get advice from a local insurance agent
Many people would prefer to have an agent's advice and that is OK! Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Denver who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Denver should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Different types of Denver car insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Denver can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Denver that can give you price quotes.
Bob Chapman - State Farm Insurance Agent
2335 E Evans Ave - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 777-3005 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, it's a good idea to check rates from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Denver that are able to give rate quotes.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Chevy Silverado insurance in Denver. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Denver car insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best rates are with the least-expected company. Regional companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)