Beginners to comparison shopping online could find buying cheaper Impala insurance can be quite difficult.
It's hard to fathom, but the vast majority of insurance customers in Colorado kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in the U.S. can cut their rates by as much as 46.5% a year, but they assume it's a waste of time to do a rate comparison.
Don't overlook these Chevy Impala insurance discounts
Some providers don't list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Distant Student Discount - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Student Discounts - Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings as much as 30%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way.
Some of the larger companies that may offer most of the discounts above possibly include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere.
Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates helps locate a better price.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise insurance rates noticeably.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Chevrolet Impala insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Chevy Impala Insurance Prices?
When buying insurance it's important to understand a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in cheaper rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Marriage equates to better prices - Being married can actually save you money when shopping for insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Adjust comp and collision deductibles and save - Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers your vehicle from damage. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and having your car stolen. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if the claim is covered. The more you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Cars with good safety ratings lower rates - Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- A good credit history can save money - Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit could use some work, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Impala by repairing your credit.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - There are quite a few additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't diligent. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you don't need them get rid of them and save.
- Deter vehicle theft - Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart theives like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system help track and prevent auto theft.
- Is car insurance cheaper for males or females? - The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn't prove that females are better drivers. Women and men are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Younger driver insurance prices - Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.Young drivers tend to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Insurance loss data for Chevy Impala vehicles - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that are shown to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure. The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Impala vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Chevrolet Impala Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Impala 104 89 135 122 122 104 Chevrolet Impala Limited 100 115 79 142 148 153
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing your policy, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Colorado?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Fort Collins who will give you bids to get your business. You won't need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to your email. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Fort Collins for you
When searching for an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive agencies work for only one company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often use the same agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Fort Collins exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance
3307 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-2219 - View Map
- State Farm: Ben Parsons
2121 Midpoint Dr #301a - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-3600 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ed Andrews
4519 S College Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 482-7400 - View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to contact multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Fort Collins willing to provide price quotes.
- Trozan Insurance Agency, Inc
421 Stover St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 224-5500 - View Map
- A Adam Sater Agency
1719 E Mulberry St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 663-5811 - View Map
- Brown and Brown Insurance
4532 E Boardwalk Dr #200 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 482-7747 - View Map
Once you have received acceptable answers for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide auto insurance.
Why you need insurance for your Impala
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Fort Collins, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just covered many tips how you can lower your Chevy Impala insurance auto insurance rates in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is easier than you think.
Cost effective Chevy Impala insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood Fort Collins agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not have price quotes online and these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)