Want more competitive Chevy Camaro insurance in Fort Collins? Consumers new to price shopping auto insurance online will discover purchasing affordable Chevrolet Camaro insurance rates in Fort Collins is not as easy as it seems.
It's hard to fathom, but the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Fort Collins drivers can cut their rates by almost 35% a year, but they feel it's too difficult to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons quite often because insurance prices change regularly. Just because you had the lowest rates on Chevy Camaro insurance in Fort Collins a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to find out how to use the internet to find great coverage at a great price.
If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using this information. These techniques will tell you the most effective ways to compare rates. But Colorado car owners must comprehend how insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates for Chevy Camaro insurance in Fort Collins is to know the trick most larger insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information like whether you have decent credit, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, if you are currently licensed, and the make and model of your vehicles. Those rating factors is instantly provided to many different companies and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
To check rates for your Chevy Camaro now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Fort Collins.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Fort Collins, CO. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Fort Collins which can raise or lower rates considerably.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chevrolet Camaro auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The illustration below shows how violations and at-fault claims increase Chevrolet Camaro yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Chevrolet Camaro insurance rates for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Fort Collins insurance discounts for a Chevy Camaro
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your insurance provider.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Resident Student - Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Fort Collins without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Safety Course Discount - Successfully completing a defensive driver class could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Driver's Education for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver's ed class in school.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military can result in better insurance rates.
Just know that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the premium cost.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- SAFECO may include discounts for safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and drive less.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, good student, early bird, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- MetLife has discounts for good driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, bundle, good student, anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
It's a good idea to ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply in every state.
Insurance agencies can help
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agents is still important in Fort Collins.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Fort Collins who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Below is a short list of insurers in Fort Collins that are able to give price quote information for Chevy Camaro insurance in Fort Collins.
- Daniel Insurance Agency
2627 Redwing Rd #330 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-5902 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - David Stansfield
5125 S College Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 204-0020 - View Map
- Dave Lawser - State Farm Insurance Agent
4605 Ziegler Rd #1 - Fort Collins, CO 80528 - (970) 226-1306 - View Map
- Mitchell Zuber Insurance Agency
2850 McClelland Dr #3000 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 207-0600 - View Map
Finding a good company shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in Fort Collins should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Does their agency support local causes in Fort Collins?
If you feel you receive good responses for all questions you ask as well as low cost Chevrolet Camaro insurance quotes, you've probably found an insurer that can be relied on to service your policy.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Why you need insurance
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Camaro are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $855 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverage types offered by auto insurance companies.
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a bird, falling objects and a broken windshield. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/15 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Some companies may use a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like pain and suffering, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This provides protection when the "other guys" are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Chevy Camaro.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/15 in Colorado), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Camaro caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Camaro to get cheaper collision coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as ambulance fees, EMT expenses and dental work. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
The best rates come from being thorough
When you buy Fort Collins car insurance online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper insurance in Fort Collins can be bought from both online companies and with local Fort Collins insurance agents, so get free Fort Collins car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Denver, CO? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)