Paying for overpriced Dodge Journey insurance in Fort Collins can overdraw your bank account and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Comparing price quotes is a fast and free way to lower your monthly bill.
Statistics show that almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Fort Collins could save approximately 35% every year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop around.
Multiple insurers compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to get the cheapest price on Dodge Journey insurance in Fort Collins.
Take policy discounts and save on Dodge Journey insurance in Fort Collins
Some providers don't always publicize every available discount very well, so the list below details some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Fort Collins car insurance online.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers who don't have accidents get the best auto insurance rates compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Paperless Signup - Many companies give back up to $50 for signing up on the web.
- Good Student Discount - Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- College Student Discount - Kids who are attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving less could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies don't profit that way.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for anti-theft, good driver, ease of repair, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include homeowner, business and professional, pay in full, switch companies, mature driver, alternative fuel, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, safe driver, good student, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, student away at school, multiple autos, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Allstate includes discounts for FullPay discount, good payer, eSmart discount, economy car, and teenSMART discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, membership and employees, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, and five-year accident-free.
Double check with each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your area. To find auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Cheapest Dodge Journey insurance quotes in Fort Collins, Colorado
When quoting insurance, remember that quoting more helps you find a better price.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Journey SE 2WD||$260||$440||$368||$22||$110||$1,200||$100|
|Journey SXT 2WD||$302||$562||$474||$28||$142||$1,508||$126|
|Journey R/T 2WD||$334||$628||$426||$26||$128||$1,542||$129|
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD||$192||$306||$330||$20||$98||$946||$79|
|Journey SXT AWD||$264||$448||$396||$24||$118||$1,250||$104|
|Journey R/T AWD||$184||$332||$358||$22||$108||$1,004||$84|
|Journey SXT Crew AWD||$294||$608||$456||$28||$136||$1,522||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can influence auto insurance rates significantly.
Higher deductibles save money
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can change Dodge Journey yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Journey auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn't a written rule for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Dodge Journey settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents drive up Dodge Journey insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is pet coverage available?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Fort Collins?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Colorado?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
You may require the services of an insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
After completing this quick form, the quote information gets sent to companies in Fort Collins who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Fort Collins should be willing to answer these questions.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Shown below are Fort Collins insurance companies willing to provide price quote information for Dodge Journey insurance in Fort Collins.
If you receive good responses to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you've probably found a company that can be trusted to provide car insurance coverage.
Quote often and quote early
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to lower your Dodge Journey insurance auto insurance rates in Fort Collins. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates come from an unexpected company.
Budget-conscious Dodge Journey insurance is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)