Want to learn how to save money and find cheaper Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Fort Collins? High-priced insurance in Fort Collins can deplete your savings account and make it hard to pay other bills. Shopping your coverage around is recommended to make sure you're not throwing money away.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many drivers in Fort Collins could save themselves 35% a year, but they just don't want to compare rates and save money. Many insurers vie for your business, so it's not easy to compare every insurer and get the definite lowest rate possible on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Fort Collins.
Get cheaper Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates in Fort Collins
Auto insurance companies don't list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Safety Course Discount - Successfully completing a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Early Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Multi-line Discount - Larger insurance companies have a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Fort Collins Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Fort Collins may earn you a small savings because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, accident-free, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, air bags, multi-policy, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for newly married, multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, safety features, and multi-car.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, driver training, air bag, good student, and defensive driver.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
Double check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Savings might not apply in Fort Collins.
Many insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive make it easy to get insurance quotes directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Fort Collins is quite easy as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. After you complete the form, the company's rating system will order reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on many factors. Getting online rate quotes for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Fort Collins makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get a lower rate.
In order to compare rates using this form now, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you complete the form with deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This ensures you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$212||$342||$456||$28||$136||$1,174||$98|
|Grand Caravan SE||$234||$368||$396||$24||$118||$1,140||$95|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$214||$362||$358||$22||$108||$1,064||$89|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$388||$546||$460||$28||$138||$1,560||$130|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$194||$314||$338||$20||$100||$966||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact prices considerably.
Dodge Grand Caravan full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Grand Caravan insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Grand Caravan replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing you more than $500 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Dodge Grand Caravan insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males compared to females in Fort Collins
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to a policy for your vehicles, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Are insurance agents of importance?
Many people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Fort Collins that provide free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Fort Collins should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the company have a local claim office in Fort Collins?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Fort Collins insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Agents in Fort Collins are categorized either exclusive or independent. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it's worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Agents of this type write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Fort Collins who can help you get price quotes.
American Family Insurance - Terry Danielson Agency Inc
732 S Lemay Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 226-0919 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you check rates from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Fort Collins who can help you get price quote information.
Colorado - B W Insurance Agency Inc
1075 W Horsetooth Rd # 106 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-0924 - View Map
After receiving reasonable responses to your questions as well as cheaper Grand Caravan insurance quotes, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
You just learned some good ideas how you can save on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Budget-conscious Dodge Grand Caravan insurance is possible on the web in addition to many Fort Collins insurance agents, so you need to quote Fort Collins auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don't offer online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Ken Caryl, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)