Want lower-priced Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Aurora? Searching for the cheapest Aurora Dodge Grand Caravan insurance quotes can seem to be challenging for consumers new to quoting and shopping for insurance on the web. With so many insurance agents and online companies available, how can consumers even start to compare every one to find lower auto insurance premiums?
A study showed that the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Colorado drivers could pocket up to $605 a year, but they won't spend time to compare rates and save money.
It's smart to take a look at other company's rates occasionally since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Aurora on your last policy a different company probably has better prices today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because it's time to teach you how to use the internet to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the techniques presented in this article. The purpose of this post is to help educate you on the best way to quote coverages and how you can save the most money. Although Colorado vehicle owners can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to set your policy premium.
Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance Rates Can Be Cheaper
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help determine the price you pay for insurance. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower rates.
- Responsible credit equals lower prices - Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit score can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Grand Caravan if you clean up your credit.
- Safer occupants lowers prices - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Stress out and pay more - Careers like military personnel, executives and emergency personnel are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress levels and long work days. Other careers such as professors, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- High claims frequency drives up insurance rates - Auto insurance companies in Colorado give cheaper rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Infrequent drivers can save - Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher your rate. A lot of companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Grand Caravan may be costing you. It's always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy reflects annual mileage.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers premiums - Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Dodge Grand Caravan statistical loss data - Companies use historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Models that statistically have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Dodge Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Grand Caravan 79 104 81 108 108 107
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The majority of larger companies allow consumers to get pricing on the web. Getting quotes for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Aurora is quite easy because it's just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. Once entered, the quote system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Aurora makes it simple to compare prices and it's also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get cheap insurance pricing.
If you want to compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you enter your coverages just like they are on your policy. This way, you will receive a price comparison for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$272||$376||$352||$20||$106||$1,126||$94|
|Grand Caravan SE||$152||$218||$362||$22||$108||$862||$72|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$216||$424||$426||$26||$128||$1,220||$102|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$294||$536||$368||$22||$110||$1,330||$111|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$264||$448||$368||$22||$110||$1,212||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect coverage rates considerably.
Careless Aurora drivers pay higher rates
The information below illustrates how violations and fender-benders raise Dodge Grand Caravan premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The illustration below examines Dodge Grand Caravan insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Colorado. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There isn't a written rule to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Grand Caravan replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you haven't paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Protect your Grand Caravan and other assets
Even though Aurora Grand Caravan insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Grand Caravan, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Colorado is overpaying over $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Aurora
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before being credited.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving less may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Paperwork-free - Many insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on the web.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Aurora car insurance depending on your company.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Having all your vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few larger companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Good Students Pay Less - This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents can earn big discounts in comparison to frequent claim filers.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Large insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including Steer into Savings, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple autos, driver's education, and safe vehicle.
- 21st Century has savings for driver training, teen driver, early bird, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, good student, and theft prevention.
- Travelers has discounts for new car, home ownership, multi-policy, multi-car, IntelliDrive, driver training, and save driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, good student, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, and military active duty.
It's a good idea to ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Aurora. For a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Should I have guidance from an agent?
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important especially in Aurora.
By using this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
When looking for local Aurora agents, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you check rates from several independent agencies to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below are independent agents in Aurora who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 337-3600 - View Map
- A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd - Aurora, CO 80011 - (303) 650-0060 - View Map
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 368-5839 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Aurora that can give you price quotes.
- Scott Underwood State Farm Insurance
15322 E Alameda Pkwy #25 - Aurora, CO 80017 - (303) 745-3174 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Patricia Rusho
13780 E Rice Pl #112 - Aurora, CO 80015 - (303) 317-2411 - View Map
- Robbie Wright - State Farm Insurance Agent
3091 S Jamaica Ct #130 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 597-1997 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Aurora?
- Which family members are covered?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How long have they been in business?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Don't give up on cheaper rates
Cheaper Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Aurora can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Aurora, so you need to shop Aurora car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to lower your Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Aurora car insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Aurora car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you quote Aurora car insurance, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in these articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Broomfield, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)