Want to learn how to find cheaper Dodge Charger insurance in Colorado Springs? Cutting costs on Dodge Charger insurance in Colorado Springs can seem to be quite difficult for drivers who are new to shopping for insurance online. There are so many options available that it can easily turn into a burden to locate the lowest coverage rates.
Statistics show that almost 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Colorado drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they switched.
Get cheaper Dodge Charger insurance in Colorado Springs with discounts
Some providers do not advertise every disount available in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Sign Online - Many insurance companies provide a small discount for signing up on their website.
- Mature Driver Discount - Mature drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Options like air bags can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Colorado Springs Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a home in Colorado Springs may trigger a policy discount on insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- ABS Braking Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Charger insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less could earn slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Charger insurance in Colorado Springs.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, drive less, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family may include discounts for mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, early bird, TimeAway discount, good student, and air bags.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, defensive driver, federal employee, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, and good student.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered everywhere. To see companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado Springs, click here to view.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rates from insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to find affordable Dodge Charger insurance rates consists of shopping online.
It's important to know that having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating the best offered rates.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you get rates from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$294||$528||$462||$28||$138||$1,450||$121|
|Charger SXT AWD||$192||$312||$452||$26||$136||$1,118||$93|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$216||$426||$422||$24||$126||$1,214||$101|
|Charger R/T AWD||$326||$630||$422||$24||$126||$1,528||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Colorado Springs garaging location which can alter prices substantially.
Dodge Charger insurance costs by gender and age
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Charger insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Four Things That Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
Listed below are a few of the "ingredients" used by your company to calculate prices.
- Do women or men drive better? - Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. They also receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money - Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your Dodge Charger has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- Always keep your coverage in force - Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license.
- Extra coverages that may not be needed - Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that may not really be needed on your Charger policy. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if you've never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Insurance losses for a Dodge Charger - Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help determine prices. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Dodge Charger vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Dodge Charger Vehicles
Specific Dodge Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Charger 2WD 148 142 160 176 178 159 Dodge Charger 4WD 124 129 115 107 110 138 Dodge Charger HEMI 156 106 202 118 127 111
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance agents are professional risk managers
Some consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that can provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choose the right car insurance agent
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quote information.
- WIN Insurance Agency
3485 Academy Blvd N Ste 101 - Colorado Springs, CO 80917 - (719) 599-9494 - View Map
- Mary Beth Stiltner Insurance Agency
1880 Dublin Blvd # C - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 528-1555 - View Map
- A Better Choice Auto Insurance
1863 N Circle Dr - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 667-1301 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Colorado Springs willing to provide price quotes.
- Carlos Gonzalez, Jr. - State Farm Insurance Agent
1710 S Circle Dr - Colorado Springs, CO 80910 - (719) 900-7431 - View Map
- Progressive Insurance
12710 Voyager Pkwy - Colorado Springs, CO 80921 - (719) 582-2759 - View Map
- Tom Calvin - State Farm Insurance Agent
1311 E Fillmore St - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 473-3600 - View Map
Picking an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Colorado Springs?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Charger insurance, insuring your vehicle is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to save money.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, poor customer service or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be pretty painless.
We just presented a lot of ways to find cheap Dodge Charger insurance in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Dodge Charger rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
When getting Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Fort Collins, CO? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)