Do you want to learn how to find low-cost car insurance rates in Aurora, CO? Aurora consumers have many options when looking for low-cost Dodge Avenger insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Dodge and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and Aurora agents.
You need to do price comparisons before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best deal on Dodge Avenger insurance in Aurora a couple years back a different company probably has better rates today. There is too much inaccurate information about Avenger insurance online, but I'm going to show you some great ways to quit paying high car insurance rates in Aurora.
Finding cheap Aurora insurance rates is actually quite simple. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in Aurora location which can raise or lower premium rates noticeably.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Avenger annual premium costs with full phyical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Dodge Avenger replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $600 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Don't overlook these Dodge Avenger insurance discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Smart Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- E-sign Discounts - Many insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up on the internet.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Aurora car insurance quote.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Large insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, good student, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, and multi-vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for mature driver, group or association, safe driver, good student, air bags, and paid in full.
- American Family has discounts for good driver, bundled insurance, early bird, accident-free, air bags, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance has savings for DriveSense, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, online quote, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, passive restraint, defensive driving training, good driver, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, and multi-car.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Some credits might not apply in your state. If you would like to view insurers that offer many of these discounts in Colorado, click this link.
How You Can Control Dodge Avenger Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other factors are more obscure like where you live or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that help determine your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- High deductibles lower rates - Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Insure car and home with the same company - Lots of insurance companies will award discounts to people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, it's always a smart idea to compare other Aurora Avenger insurance rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Certain vocations raise rates - Jobs such as military generals, police officers, and dentists generally have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work situations and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations like scientists, athletes and performers have lower than average premiums.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? - The type of vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest rates are usually for low performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Dodge Avenger falls in the passenger car class, insurance will be similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Aurora.
Local agents and auto insurance
Some people just want to have an agent's advice and that is OK! Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Aurora.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them because it can impact your agent selection.
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they can quote policies through many different auto insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, it's a good idea to compare prices from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a list of independent agents in Aurora who can help you get rate quotes.
- Dickson Insurance Agency
4093 S Olathe Ct - Aurora, CO 80013 - (303) 693-1936 - View Map
- Diversified Commercial Insurers
2228 S Fraser St #2 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 693-9343 - View Map
- All Drivers Insurance
12142 E Mississippi Ave - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 695-1000 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes use the same agent partially due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Aurora exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Scott Underwood State Farm Insurance
15322 E Alameda Pkwy #25 - Aurora, CO 80017 - (303) 745-3174 - View Map
- John Baer - State Farm Insurance Agent
6155 S Main St #240 - Aurora, CO 80016 - (303) 680-7777 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Richard Ahrenkiel
2260 S Xanadu Way Ste 257 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 750-6508 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Aurora will have answers to these questions.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- How long has their agency been in business in Aurora?
A conclusion for your car insurance search
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
We just presented a lot of ways to lower your Dodge Avenger insurance rates in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)