Did budget coverage turn out to be an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? You're preaching to the choir because you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
Unbelievably, most consumers in Colorado have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. American consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don't know how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies. There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it makes it harder to find a good deal for Volkswagen CC insurance in Colorado Springs.
It's a great practice to do rate comparisons at least once a year since prices change regularly. Just because you had the best price on Volkswagen CC insurance in Colorado Springs on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to learn the quickest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Locating the best rates in Colorado Springs is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have a policy now, you will be able to reduce premiums using this information. Smart buyers just have to use the tricks to compare rate quotes from many different companies.
How to buy Colorado Springs Volkswagen CC insurance online
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CC Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$162||$332||$368||$22||$110||$994||$83|
|CC Luxury 4-Dr Coupe||$190||$340||$352||$20||$106||$1,008||$84|
|CC VR6 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$238||$490||$396||$24||$118||$1,266||$106|
|CC VR6 Motion 4-Dr Coupe||$238||$516||$396||$24||$118||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Colorado Springs which can decrease or increase premium rates substantially.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The chart below illustrates how violations and fender-benders can drive up Volkswagen CC insurance costs for different age categories. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Volkswagen CC liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below examines Volkswagen CC premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data assumes no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no written rule for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Volkswagen CC book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Volkswagen CC premium costs for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Score discounts on Colorado Springs car insurance
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- E-sign - A few car insurance companies provide a small discount shop Colorado Springs auto insurance digitally online.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers that enable their car insurance company to monitor their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Life Insurance Discount - Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Mature drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, passive restraint, student away at school, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- American Family has discounts for early bird, good student, good driver, Steer into Savings, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, daytime running lights, good student, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, air bags, and driver training.
- 21st Century offers discounts for student driver, air bags, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your area. To find companies with discount car insurance rates in Colorado, click here.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen CC in Colorado Springs, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Volkswagen. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $700 annually so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Colorado Springs?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Don't I need to have guidance from an agent?
A small number of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent. Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to find an agent as quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Picking a insurer should include more criteria than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Colorado Springs?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
If you need to find a good Colorado Springs insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Colorado Springs agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can write car insurance policies, but it's worth learning the subtle differences because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Colorado Springs exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to include at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get rate quotes.