Looking for the cheapest auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs, CO? Colorado Springs shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on Toyota Rav4 insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a Toyota and find the cheapest rates.
Getting cheap auto insurance pricing is actually easier than you may think. You just have to take the time getting comparison quotes from some recommended companies.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$208||$380||$330||$20||$98||$1,036||$86|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$212||$388||$338||$20||$100||$1,058||$88|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$260||$536||$368||$22||$110||$1,296||$108|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$302||$562||$474||$28||$142||$1,508||$126|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$168||$288||$352||$20||$106||$934||$78|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$234||$448||$368||$22||$110||$1,182||$99|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$344||$546||$460||$28||$138||$1,516||$126|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$168||$288||$352||$20||$106||$934||$78|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$170||$306||$330||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$186||$354||$474||$28||$142||$1,184||$99|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$264||$448||$358||$22||$108||$1,200||$100|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$186||$354||$474||$28||$142||$1,184||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change coverage rates noticeably.
Analysis of deductible levels
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Toyota Rav4 premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Get lower-cost Toyota Rav4 insurance in Colorado Springs with discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Driving Data Discount - Colorado Springs drivers who agree to allow their company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Completing a course in defensive driving may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Multiple Cars - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, you won't be that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits include:
Double check with all the companies how you can save money. Savings may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Colorado, click this link.
Exclusive and independent car insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because prices are sent to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Listed below are Colorado Springs insurers that may be able to provide price quotes for Toyota Rav4 insurance in Colorado Springs.
- John Hall - State Farm Insurance Agent
1614 Academy Blvd N b - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 596-1414 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Michael Janzen Agency Inc.
1045 W Garden of the Gods Rd Ste M - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 528-6387 - View Map
- State Farm Agent Scott Richter
5885 Stetson Hills Blvd #130 - Colorado Springs, CO 80923 - (719) 591-2300 - View Map
- Brandon Kolk - State Farm Insurance Agent
12229 Voyager Pkwy Ste 100 - Colorado Springs, CO 80921 - (719) 599-3600 - View Map
Picking an insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be willing to answer these questions.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Colorado Springs?
If you receive good responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an insurance company that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Toyota Rav4 is totaled?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Components of Your Toyota Rav4 Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings. Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Pleasure use saves money - The more you drive every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. It's always a good idea to double check that your policy shows how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your Rav4 may be costing you higher rates.
- Adjust physical damage deductibles and save - The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
- Never go without insurance - Driving any period of time without insurance can get you a ticket and companies may charge more for letting your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Colorado DMV.
- Prices also based on gender - Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. They both tend to get into fender benders in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Rav4, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance savings summarized
Cheaper Toyota Rav4 insurance in Colorado Springs can be sourced from both online companies and from local agencies, so get free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
We covered some good ideas how to find lower-cost Toyota Rav4 insurance in Colorado Springs. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)