How many times have you told yourself to find lower-priced auto insurance rates in Fort Collins, CO? Fort Collins shoppers have a choice when shopping for the lowest priced Scion xB insurance. You can either spend your time driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Scion and find the lowest possible price.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Fort Collins drivers can save about 35% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they switch to a new company.
These tips will instruct you on the best ways to compare prices and how you can save the most money. If you are insured now, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these tips. Vehicle owners just need to use the tricks to compare company rates online from multiple companies.
Companies offering Scion xB insurance in Fort Collins
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can revise rates significantly.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Scion xB insurance premiums for each different age group. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Scion xB insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Lower Your Fort Collins Insurance Prices
Many things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. It's important that you understand some of the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in better insurance rates.
Listed below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Rates are impacted by vehicle performance - The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Due to the fact that the Scion xB is classified as a micro-subcompact, rates will be slightly less as compared to the average rate in Fort Collins. The lowest performance passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Drive lots and pay more - The higher the miles on your Scion annually the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Having an incorrect usage rating on your xB can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your vehicle rating reflects the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Never let your insurance expire - Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a fast way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado DMV.
- How credit rating affects insurance rates - Having a bad credit score factor in determining premium rates. If your credit rating is low, you may save money insuring your Scion xB if you clean up your credit. People with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores.
- Insurance loss data for Scion xB vehicles - Companies analyze historical claim data when setting premium prices. Vehicles that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Scion xB vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Scion xB Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Scion xB 86 92 89 148 127 116
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Fort Collins car insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurers do not list all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Collins car insurance online.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a defensive driver course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Good Student - Being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Drive Less and Save - Keeping the miles down on your Scion may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Don't be shocked that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance has savings for annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, type of vehicle, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for business and professional, distant student, bundle discounts, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, and alternative fuel.
- Farm Bureau discounts include youthful driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, good driver, accident-free, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- Allstate may have discounts that include anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, teenSMART discount, premier plus, and defensive driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, good student, seat belt use, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
When getting free Fort Collins car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your state. To view insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Fort Collins, click here.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Fort Collins auto insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to sit down with an agent. Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and also buy local. And providing support for local agencies is still important in Fort Collins.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Fort Collins car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Fort Collins are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it's important to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, it's recommended you include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are Fort Collins independent agents who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Daniel Insurance Agency
2627 Redwing Rd #330 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-5902 - View Map
- Mitchell Zuber Insurance Agency
2850 McClelland Dr #3000 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 207-0600 - View Map
- Front Range Insurance Group
1100 Haxton Dr # 100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-1804 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which can be an advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Below are Fort Collins exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- John Baugh - State Farm Insurance Agent
2170 W Drake Rd Ste B8 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 484-4000 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jennifer Harms
1008 Driftwood Dr Ste B - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 204-1100 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jennifer Richardson Fanning
1057 Robertson St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 224-4285 - View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Fort Collins, get answers to these questions.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is there a local claims center in Fort Collins?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Colorado?
- How many companies do they write for?
Upon receiving reasonable responses for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
Always remember that when buying coverage, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Colorado minimum liability coverage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies sell through local independent agents. Cost effective Scion xB insurance is attainable online in addition to many Fort Collins insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can find cheaper Scion xB insurance in Fort Collins. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Fort Collins car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Much more information about insurance in Colorado can be read on the following sites:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pueblo, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Parker, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)