Would you like to save money by finding lower-priced Nissan Xterra insurance in Aurora? No normal person loves paying for auto insurance, especially when they could find better prices if they shop around.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switch to a new company. You have so many insurers to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest cost provider for Nissan Xterra insurance in Aurora.
It's a great practice to compare rates yearly because auto insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest price on Nissan Xterra insurance in Aurora six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're about to learn the easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
This information will teach you how car insurance quotes work and how to save the most money. If you are already insured, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the concepts covered in this article. Comparison shoppers just need to learn the quickest way to compare prices from many different companies.
Best companies for Nissan Xterra insurance
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Aurora, CO. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Xterra X 2WD||$204||$304||$396||$24||$118||$1,046||$87|
|Xterra S 2WD||$166||$232||$396||$24||$118||$936||$78|
|Xterra S 4WD||$206||$298||$338||$20||$100||$962||$80|
|Xterra X 4WD||$202||$292||$330||$20||$98||$942||$79|
|Xterra Off Road 4WD||$266||$432||$426||$26||$128||$1,278||$107|
|Xterra SE 2WD||$272||$376||$352||$20||$106||$1,126||$94|
|Xterra SE 4WD||$200||$278||$362||$22||$108||$970||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change price quotes significantly.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Nissan Xterra insurance rates for each different age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The example below compares Nissan Xterra premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lower-cost Nissan Xterra insurance quotes in Aurora
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but some must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Seat Belts Save - Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- 55 and Retired - Mature drivers are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Good Grades Discount - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Aurora car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Homeowners Savings - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
Consumers should know that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance discounts include professional/association, good driver, type of vehicle, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, alternative fuel, teen driver, youthful driver, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, and pay in full.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, renewal discount, safe driver, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- Allstate may offer discounts for defensive driver, FullPay discount, eSmart discount, farm vehicle, safe driver, new car, and early signing.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not apply to policies in Aurora. For a list of insurers who offer online Nissan Xterra insurance quotes in Aurora, click here.
Local agents and auto insurance
A small number of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is important especially in Aurora.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your business. You don't have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use a good Aurora insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Aurora agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it's important to point out the difference between them since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below are independent agents in Aurora that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 577-9998 - View Map
A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 364-0555 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Aurora exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in Aurora should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is there a local claims center in Aurora?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
After getting good answers to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to provide auto insurance coverage.
Insurance advertising tricks
Colorado consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to try to convey promises that people will save after switching your coverage.
It sounds good, but how can they all sell you cheaper insurance coverage? It's all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a certain "appetite" for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. A good example of this type of risk profile may be between the ages of 30 and 50, carries full coverage, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A propective insured that matches those criteria is entitled to the best price and most likely will save a lot of money.
People who don't measure up to this ideal profile will be quoted higher premium rates and this results in the customer buying from a different company. The ads state "people who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much money. That's why insurance companies can make those claims.
This really drives home the point why you really should compare quotes as often as possible. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will fit you best based on your risk profile.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
The cheapest Nissan Xterra insurance in Aurora can be found online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at these sites:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)