How long has it been since you sat down and looked for more competitive auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs, CO? Colorado Springs buyers have lots of choices when searching for affordable Nissan GT-R insurance. They can either waste time calling around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to shop for auto insurance so we're going to tell you the proper way to quote coverages for a Nissan and locate the best price possible from Colorado Springs insurance agents and online providers.
It's shocking but the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Colorado Springs drivers could pocket approximately $600 a year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
Finding a lower price on Nissan GT-R insurance is not a difficult process. Drivers just need to take time to get quotes to discover which company has affordable Nissan GT-R insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GT-R Premium AWD 2-Dr||$566||$1130||$392||$24||$118||$2,230||$186|
|GT-R AWD 2-Dr||$486||$1300||$362||$22||$108||$2,278||$190|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can modify premiums substantially.
Raise deductibles and save
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Nissan GT-R annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Nissan GT-R car insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no set guideline to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Nissan GT-R replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing you more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan GT-R has a lienholder, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Nissan GT-R but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Nissan gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Brand name doesn't guarantee savings
Consumers in Colorado can't avoid all the ads for car insurance savings by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all try to convey promises that drivers will save a bundle if you switch your coverage.
But how can every company charge you less for auto insurance? This is the trick they use.
Insurance providers have underwriting criteria for the driver that earns them the most money. A good example of a desirable risk could be between the ages of 30 and 45, carries full coverage, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured who meets those qualifications will probably get the lowest prices as well as save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who fall outside those standards will be charged higher rates and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" not "all people who quote" save that much. This is how companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best auto insurance rates.
This emphasizes why drivers should get as many free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes as possible. It's not possible to predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
Verify you're applying every discount
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Memberships - Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you affordable Nissan GT-R insurance rates in Colorado Springs.
- Accident Free - Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Paperwork-free - A handful of companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application online.
- Discount for Good Grades - This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Resident Student - Kids living away from Colorado Springs attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way.
Insurance companies who may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
If you want affordable Colorado Springs car insurance quotes, ask every company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your state. To locate insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Colorado Springs, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Colorado Springs car insurance agents?
Some people still prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agents is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. You don't have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, just visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Different types of Colorado Springs auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable agent, you should know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell affordable insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, you should always get several quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Colorado Springs who may provide comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Jeffrey Lloyd Sudermann Agency
6455 N Union Blvd #104 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (303) 974-7676 - View Map
- Solid Rock Insurance Agency
2850 Serendipity Cir W #230 - Colorado Springs, CO 80917 - (719) 574-0082 - View Map
- Benson Insurance Group, LLC
5155 N Academy, #110 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 622-3079 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide one company's prices like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Colorado Springs willing to provide rate quotes.
- Kevin Good - State Farm Insurance Agent
11550 Ridgeline Dr #118 - Colorado Springs, CO 80921 - (719) 599-8200 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Mario Aragon Agency Inc.
1135 E Fillmore St - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 570-0707 - View Map
- Connie Slater - State Farm Insurance Agent
5731 Silverstone Terrace #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80919 - (719) 268-9003 - View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Once you have positive feedback to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide insurance coverage.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Cheap Nissan GT-R insurance in Colorado Springs is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Colorado Springs agents, so you need to quote Colorado Springs car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don't offer online quoting and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
As you quote Colorado Springs car insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Other learning opportunities
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)