No sane person looks forward to paying premiums for insurance, in particular when they could get a better deal.
Shockingly, almost 70% of insureds in Colorado kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. U.S. drivers could save themselves about $850 a year by just shopping around, but they feel it's too difficult to find affordable insurance rates.
Lots of insurers contend to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to find the absolute best rates possible on Lincoln Navigator insurance in Fort Collins.
It's a great practice to compare premium rates quite often since insurance prices change frequently. Just because you had the lowest price on Lincoln Navigator insurance in Fort Collins last year you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because it's time to teach you the fastest and easiest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Fort Collins is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Nevertheless, Colorado consumers must comprehend the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium because it varies considerably.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Lincoln Navigator Insurance Premiums?
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your car insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get cheaper rates. Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Big cities mean more claims - Residing in a rural area can be a good thing when buying car insurance. City drivers have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Having a spouse can lower prices - Getting married can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a significant other may mean you are more stable financially and it's statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- File a policy claims and pay more - If you tend to file frequent claims, you should expect higher rates. Car insurance companies in Colorado give most affordable rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Driver age impacts rates - Beginning drivers in Colorado are statistically shown to be inattentive with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a youthful driver to your policy can break the bank. Mature drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you - An insured's credit score can be an important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit. If your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Lincoln Navigator by improving your rating.
- Insurance losses for a Lincoln Navigator - Car insurance companies study historical loss data when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Lincoln Navigator vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Lincoln Navigator Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Lincoln Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln Navigator 4dr 2WD 109 114 61 Lincoln Navigator 4dr 4WD 93 89 82 Lincoln Navigator L 4dr 2WD 129 69 Lincoln Navigator L 4dr 4WD 101 116 119
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
To get inexpensive Fort Collins auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare quotes from lots of Colorado insurance companies. The best way to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to jump online and get quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to spend time driving to each insurance agency near you. Quoting and buying Lincoln Navigator insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you want the peace of mind of a licensed agent. It is possible to find lower rates online but have your policy serviced through an agent. When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates gives you a better chance of getting more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Navigator L 2WD||$264||$516||$396||$24||$118||$1,318||$110|
|Navigator L 4WD||$236||$416||$330||$20||$98||$1,100||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can revise rates significantly.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Lincoln Navigator yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lincoln Navigator liability-only versus full coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Lincoln Navigator car insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn't a written rule for dropping full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Lincoln Navigator settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $700 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln Navigator car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Fort Collins, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lincoln, most banks will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get discounts to get affordable Fort Collins auto insurance rates
Car insurance companies don't always advertise every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a defensive driving course may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active deployment in the military may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Fort Collins auto insurance quote in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Lincoln could be rewarded with discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Good Student Discount - This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags could see savings as much as 30%.
- Multiple Cars - Buying a policy with several vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- E-sign Discounts - A handful of companies give back up to $50 get Fort Collins auto insurance on the web.
- Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Memberships - Being in a civic or occupational organization in Fort Collins is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
Some of the larger companies who may offer these discounts possibly include:
If you want affordable Lincoln Navigator insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To find auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Fort Collins, follow this link.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to leave your computer because prices are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How long has their agency been open in Fort Collins?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Fort Collins for you
When researching a local Fort Collins insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Agencies in Fort Collins are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
These agents write business for a single company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are usually well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Fort Collins who can help you get rate quotes.
American Family Insurance - Terry Danielson Agency Inc
732 S Lemay Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 226-0919 - View Map
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, you should always include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are Fort Collins independent insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
We just showed you many ideas to get a better price on Lincoln Navigator insurance in Fort Collins. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Fort Collins auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest rates are with the least-expected company. They can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
The cheapest Lincoln Navigator insurance in Fort Collins can be bought online and also from your neighborhood Fort Collins agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Thornton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)