Searching for lower-priced Kia Sportage insurance in Aurora? Saving money on Kia Sportage insurance in Aurora can be quite difficult for drivers who are beginners to online insurance quotes. People have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can quickly become a difficult situation to find more affordable prices in Colorado.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of auto insurance customers have been with the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,813, drivers could pocket as much as $600 a year, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
It's a great practice to get comparison quotes at least once a year because auto insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the best deal on Kia Sportage insurance in Aurora at your last renewal you can probably find a better premium rate now. You'll find a ton of advice on Sportage insurance out there, but I'm going to show you some solid techniques on how to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Our goal is to tell you how to effectively get price quotes and also save some money in the process If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the following tips. But Colorado drivers do need to understand how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Kia Sportage insurance quotes comparison
When shopping for affordable Kia Sportage insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from many different Colorado insurance companies. The simplest method to find cheaper rates is simply to get online rate quotes. When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate.
The following companies offer free quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$166||$236||$460||$28||$138||$1,028||$86|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$184||$320||$338||$20||$100||$962||$80|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$264||$448||$358||$22||$108||$1,200||$100|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$130||$238||$330||$20||$98||$816||$68|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$162||$282||$358||$22||$108||$932||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Aurora which can raise or lower premium rates substantially.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Kia Sportage annual premium costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents raise Kia Sportage insurance rates for each different age category. The premiums assume a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but some need to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Early Switch Discount - A few insurance companies allow discounts for signing up prior to your current Sportage insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Aurora auto insurance online.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers can save substantially in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Safe Driver Discount - Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Aurora Homeowners Discount - Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers take driver's ed class in school.
- Defensive Driving Course - Participating in a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Organization Discounts - Belonging to certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
To locate providers that offer discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Car insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Certain consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for small agencies is important particularly in Aurora.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Aurora who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You'll get the best rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Insurance agent types
When researching a local Aurora insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, we recommend you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Aurora that may be able to provide price quotes.
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 368-5839 - View Map
- Dickson Insurance Agency
4093 S Olathe Ct - Aurora, CO 80013 - (303) 693-1936 - View Map
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 337-3600 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Aurora that can give you price quote information.
- American Family Insurance - Steve Sellers Agency Inc.
15200 E Girard Ave Ste 4025 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 696-2698 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Rick Laikola Agency Inc.
3102 S Parker Rd Ste A16 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 696-2666 - View Map
- Rick Simmons - State Farm Insurance Agent
14571 E Mississippi Ave - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 369-4100 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Aurora?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Aurora?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Informed Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors companies use to determine your rate level.
- Excellent credit scores equal low costs - Your credit history factor in determining your rates. So if your credit is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Sportage if you clean up your credit. People that have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
- Battle of the sexes - Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both are responsible for at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower prices - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Liability insurance is cheap - Liability coverage will provide protection if you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- No car insurance policy gaps is important - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the Colorado motor vehicle department.
- Loss statistics for a Kia Sportage - Insurance companies use historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Kia Sportage vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Kia Sportage Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sportage 4dr 2WD 82 100 66 113 127 109 Kia Sportage 4dr 4WD 90 100 83 116 108 101
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing the best Kia Sportage insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Sportage insurance, paying for auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your Kia Sportage and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rate quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
One last thing to lower rates
Cheaper car insurance in Aurora can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Aurora agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, poor customer service and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company can be less work than you think.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)