Pretty sure you bought an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Trust us, there are a lot of people in Fort Collins just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance policy.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in Fort Collins could save themselves approximately 35% a year, but they just don't understand how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Drivers have so many auto insurance companies to pick from, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to adequately compare rates for Jaguar XK insurance in Fort Collins.
It is always a good idea to check insurance prices at least once a year since prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Jaguar XK insurance in Fort Collins six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. There are a lot of ways to save on XK insurance on the internet, but you can learn the easiest ways to lower your insurance bill.
Our objective in writing this article is to tell you the most effective way to quote insurance and also pocket some savings If you're already insured, you should be able to reduce premiums using the concepts you're about to learn. Smart shoppers just need to use the tricks to compare company rates from multiple carriers.
Affordable companies for Jaguar XK insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Coupe||$476||$1276||$388||$22||$116||$2,278||$190|
|XK 2-Dr Coupe||$428||$1070||$388||$22||$116||$2,024||$169|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Convertible||$270||$500||$362||$22||$108||$1,262||$105|
|XK 2-Dr Convertible||$302||$578||$330||$20||$98||$1,328||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect auto insurance rates noticeably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Jaguar XK auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Colorado. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive guideline of when to eliminate full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Jaguar XK replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Take policy discounts and save on Jaguar XK insurance in Fort Collins
Companies offering auto insurance don't list all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Membership in Organizations - Being a member of a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you combine your auto and home policies with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Theft Deterrent System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a house in Fort Collins may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- Travelers may have discounts that include good student, early quote, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts for theft prevention, student driver, automatic seat belts, homeowners, 55 and older, driver training, and defensive driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, driver's education, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, military active duty, multi-policy, air bags, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, anti-theft, safe driver, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, good student, pay-in-full, multi-policy, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
If you want the cheapest Jaguar XK rate quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not apply in every state. To choose insurance companies with the best Jaguar XK insurance discounts in Colorado, click this link.
Components of Your Jaguar XK Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower insurance prices.
The following are a few of the "ingredients" insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Save money with higher comp and collision deductibles - Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims could be colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates - Having a bad credit rating factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you may save money insuring your Jaguar XK if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit ratings.
- Age of drivers impacts prices - Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Drivers with little experience tend to be inattentive when driving so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Extra coverages that aren't used - There are a lot of additional extra coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Loss statistics for a Jaguar XK - Insurance companies use past insurance losses in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Jaguar XK vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or tendancy to have higher losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Jaguar XK Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XK 2dr 167 Jaguar XK Convertible 119
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies near you
Some consumers prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a great decision Agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Fort Collins.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
Cheaper auto insurance rates are out there
In this article, we presented many ways to lower your Jaguar XK insurance car insurance rates in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Cheaper Jaguar XK insurance in Fort Collins can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Fort Collins car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don't offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Longmont, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)