Finding more affordable Hyundai Veloster insurance in Fort Collins is always frustrating for drivers who have little experience comparing prices online. With dozens of companies competing online, it can be a difficult mission to lower your prices on Hyundai Veloster insurance.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. Fort Collins drivers can save approximately $600 each year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to go online and compare rates.
Consumers should take time to quote other rates periodically because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Hyundai Veloster insurance in Fort Collins two years ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the right way to get good coverage on Hyundai Veloster insurance in Fort Collins at a lower rate.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using these tips. Finding and comparing the lowest-priced protection in Fort Collins is not as hard as you think. Nevertheless, Colorado car owners benefit from understanding the way companies determine how much to charge and use this information to your advantage.
Fort Collins insurance discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but some need to be asked for before being credited.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Government Employees - Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your insurance provider.
- Organization Discounts - Being in a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles could earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- No Claims - Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially as opposed to bad drivers.
- Fort Collins Homeowners Pay Less - Being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic. But any discount should definitely cut your premiums.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, driver training, multi-vehicle, air bags, and seat belt use.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, good student, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may offer discounts for multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, good student, IntelliDrive, and early quote.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts for education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Fort Collins. To choose providers that offer some of these discounts in Colorado, click this link.
When shopping for Hyundai Veloster insurance in Fort Collins there are multiple ways of comparing rates from auto insurance companies in your area. By far the easiest way to compare rates is to get quotes online.
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating the best price.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
When should you not file a car insurance claims? - If you tend to file frequent claims, you should expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Colorado generally give better rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Prices are affected by your address - Living in a small town can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims Drivers who live in large Colorado cities have more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
How do annual miles impact rates? - Driving a lot of miles every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Veloster can result in significantly higher rates.
Marriage is a factor - Having a spouse may save some money when shopping for car insurance. It translates into being more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Loss statistics for a Hyundai Veloster - Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Hyundai Veloster vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Hyundai Veloster Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Veloster Turbo||116||87||104||98||89||101|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Local Fort Collins car insurance agents
Some people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Fort Collins who will give you quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you. It's the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they function. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only place business with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Fort Collins that are able to give rate quotes.
- Gary Cramer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1432 E Mulberry St b - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 484-1374 - View Map
- John Baugh - State Farm Insurance Agent
2170 W Drake Rd Ste B8 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 484-4000 - View Map
- State Farm: Ben Parsons
2121 Midpoint Dr #301a - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-3600 - View Map
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, you should always check rates from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with less well-known companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Collins that are able to give rate quotes.
- Insurance Specialties Ltd
148 W Oak St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 490-1530 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Plains Agency LLC
4532 Mcmurry Ave Ste 101 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 206-0800 - View Map
- ABC Insurance Agency
121 E Swallow Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-3200 - View Map
Auto insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Fort Collins, maintaining insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hyundai Veloster has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Hyundai but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices, policy non-renewal or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance provider can be easier than you think.
As you quote Fort Collins auto insurance, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Low-cost Hyundai Veloster insurance in Fort Collins can be found both online in addition to many Fort Collins insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Much more information about insurance in Colorado can be read at the links below
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pueblo, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Northglenn, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)