Want to know an easy way to compare low-cost Honda Ridgeline insurance in Colorado Springs? No sane person looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, in particular when it costs too dang much.
Inconceivable but true, almost 70% of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Colorado insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they don't believe how much they could save if they changed companies. Because there are so many choices for buying lower-cost insurance for a Honda Ridgeline in Colorado Springs, it's difficult to choose the cheapest insurance company.
Consumers need to compare prices before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rate on Honda Ridgeline insurance in Colorado Springs six months ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. There is a lot of wrong information about Ridgeline insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some of the best techniques to find cheap auto insurance in Colorado Springs.
These tips will introduce you to how to get online quotes and how to save the most money. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using these tips. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the least time-consuming way to compare prices from multiple carriers.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ridgeline RT 4WD||$144||$296||$448||$26||$134||$1,048||$87|
|Ridgeline RTS 4WD||$378||$672||$536||$32||$160||$1,778||$148|
|Ridgeline RTL 4WD||$172||$312||$408||$24||$122||$1,038||$87|
|Ridgeline RTL W/Navigation 4WD||$262||$534||$374||$22||$112||$1,304||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can impact premium rates noticeably.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The information below visualizes the comparison of Honda Ridgeline insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda Ridgeline, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your Honda and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to save money.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better car insurance rates. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The following are some of the items that factor into your premiums.
- Deter theft and pay less - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
- Discounts for married drivers - Your spouse helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Teenage drivers pay high prices - More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Beginning drivers have a tendency to be inattentive in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Amount of liability protection - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage in the event that you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Women pay lower costs - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn't prove that females are better drivers. They both cause fender benders at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - There are a lot of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed when buying car insurance. Coverages for rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if they're wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
- Insure car and home with the same company - Most insurance companies afford lower prices to insureds that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Prevent car insurance lapses - Letting your insurance expire is a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Colorado DMV.
Lower your insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but some need to be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Membership in Organizations - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting insurance on a new Ridgeline can save you some money since newer models are generally safer.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Sign Early and Save - A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Ridgeline insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, seat belt use, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers discounts include IntelliDrive, driver training, continuous insurance, multi-car, multi-policy, and new car.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for driver training, renewal discount, multi-policy, good student, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly retired, teen driver discount, multi-policy, new graduate, new vehicle discount, and newly married.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, early bird, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, good student, good driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
When quoting, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts might not apply in Colorado Springs. If you would like to view companies that offer discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Local Colorado Springs insurance agencies and insurance
A small number of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower premium rates and also buy local. And buying from local agencies is definitely important in Colorado Springs.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
The following are Colorado Springs car insurance companies who can help you get price quotes for Honda Ridgeline insurance in Colorado Springs.
Choosing an insurer shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Colorado Springs?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
Cheaper car insurance is out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Honda Ridgeline insurance auto insurance rates online in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Honda Ridgeline insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. They may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Fort Collins, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)